Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sunday Sunshine

Yeah- when's the last time I did one of these posts? I'm not even sure.

1. Looking on the bright side here... 9 AM church: Chuck begins meetings at 6 AM. I'm up by a little after 7 (cringe), but by about 12:30 or so we get to come home, eat, and veg for the rest of the day if that's what we so choose. That part is great! And with our upcoming lifestyle change in a few weeks, I think that 9 AM won't cramp my style so much.  :-)


2. There is Nothing Like a Dame:


My mom, sister, grandma, and I saw the touring company of "South Pacific" at the Capitol Theatre on Thursday night. Ah, how I love the brilliance of a well done, Golden Age musical. 

3. Motivation: Yesterday was the Walt Disney World half marathon. I had a few friends participate in it and Amy here gets the big idea of, "Oooooooo. I can do that!" So, the goal is to run that half marathon next January in Orlando. Hopefully this baby coming smoothly and I can start training and telling myself that I love running. And after the half marathon I will eat around the world at EPCOT. And also have a PB and J shake from the 50s Prime Time Diner in the Hollywood Studios. And I will eat at Ohana. Yes.

4. Mobile: I bought this little gem on Etsy yesterday. Should look lovely with what we've got going for our little nursery...


5. Election: Call me nuts, but I enjoy election coverage. I find it horrifying and fascinating all at the same time. 

6. Snowflakes: We got a few of them this week - a very few, but I enjoyed it. It felt like Christmas should have been right around the corner rather than behind the corner. Hmmmm. At least I'm not on the regular "over winter burnout" per as usual in January. I'll be fine with snow for a few more months. Wish I could go sledding. 

Good Sabbath, everyone! 

2 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Love the mobile and color scheme going on in there!

Unknown said...

There's two half marathons in Disneyland (September and January)

If you complete a half in DLR and another in WDW in the same year you get a special "coast to coast" medal.

You can find marathon training schedules on the internet that start with a 5k.

Start with Couch to 5k (C25K.com)if you need training to get to the 5k.

Julie has run three half marathons during the past two years and she started from never having run in her life.

You can do it!