Monday, September 05, 2011

Hap-Hap-Happies

Yeah- remember me? The girl who inspired many of your "Sunday Sunshine" posts? Uh hem- I'm back. For an evening anyway...


Let's discuss my life right now: I loved summer. I ache to have it back. We went to Bear Lake. We went to Yellowstone. We had many nights of BBQing and sparklers and fireworks in our front yard. I relished in evenings of summer rain. I worked a little bit. I read. I sang a bit. I took naps. I went to Orlando. We planned another cruise (something to look forward to this fall!). We ate Otter Pops. We had Sunday dinners with the Robinsons outside on the patio. I turned 30 and had a fantastic little party in Park City. I had about a dozen sno cones. I spent a day at Education Week with my mom and sister... The list goes on.

And now we are back into the full swing of AUTUMN. I love fall. I love the crisp air and the excuse to eat anything pumpkin related.

While I am on the pumpkin topic, MAKE THIS:

1 large can pre-spiced pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
3 eggs

2 sticks butter
1 box yellow cake mix
Mix the above ingredients (except butter and cake mix) and pour into 9x13 inch cake pan. Sprinkle cake mix (dry) over the top. Add 1/2 cup chopped nut if desired. Pour 2 squares melted butter over the top. Do not mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Trust me on this, folks. It is divinity. And totally worth your time before a pot luck event this season.

Continuing on:

I finished the last book of "The Hunger Games" series last night. Waaaa waaa. Didn't love it. I'm like all of you- couldn't put the first book down, but the deeper I got into the series the more angry it made me. It took me over two months to get myself to finish "Mockingjay." But I did it. And yes, I will see the movies. But grrrrr... it just made me angry the whole time.

Next on my reading list? "The Help." I will get through it fast so I can go see the movie with my family members who have already read it!

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with macaroni and cheese. This health freak has gone from almonds and fruit to good ol' Kraft Mac and Cheese. Oh dear...

Last weekend I was able to spend a night singing and dancing for the Hale at a Tahitian Noni company party.



Loved it. And these people.

The return of fall also means the return of some of my favorite shows. Hooray! Modern Family, Survivor... Oh, I love having a few shows to watch each season.

What else? Oh! This one is GOOD!

FOUR YEARS

As of next Monday, Chuck and I have been together for four years. I am plugging away at our "4th Year Book" and remembering this past year in all its glory. Hard to believe that we're starting our "5th" of everything this fall. Fifth Halloween together, fifth Thanksgiving, fifth Christmas... Are we getting old yet? :-)

I'm starting to look at pictures of us "back then" and thinking, "We look so young!" Awwww.






2 comments:

Cecilia said...

You are so cute, doing a year book for each one. I bet your husband just can't get enough of your fun wonderful original you self! Love it! Have fun doing everything for the 5th year in a row!

Hannah said...

Is this the recipe Sarah Volle used to make? Because it is SO good! It is one of the most delectable desserts on the earth!