Oh, how thankful I am for Sundays. Even though a few hours of my Sabbaths are spent in the arena known as Primary, I consider these days restful and peaceful. Which reminded me of something...
Ten years ago I couldn't remember much about the ten years prior. How is it that now I can remember almost EVERYTHING about the past ten years? Sigh.
I bring all this up because not since a time, ten years ago, have I cherished my Sundays as much as I do now.
Actually, I started thinking about that time of life when I saw a status on a friend's Facebook wall about PLAYMILL auditions.
Ten years ago this summer, my adventures at the Playmill began. That truly seems impossible. I remember, clear as day, the night that Roger Merrill called and invited me to be a member of the 2001 cast. I was giddy- and that one phone call changed my life for the next few years.
Oh, they were happy times. Busy, busy, happy times. I worked like a crazy person, and when Sundays came I would CRASH. Much like I do now.
* Feeling sentimental. *
Ten years goes by really fast.
Which leads me to my next point:
I mentioned awhile back that I am afraid of LIFE. (Silly for a girl who genuinely LOVES it, I know...) With things that have happened in our families the past year or so, I have become keenly aware of how HARD life can be and that REALLY bad things can happen- even when you are just going about living the good way that you should be. Sadly, I think it all has spooked me a bit when it comes to living.
I am scared of getting old.
I am afraid of having babies and them growing up.
I am frightened of accidents and illness and osteoporosis....
I am terrified of only having x amount of years left with grandparents, parents, ect.
I ache over losing friends that I love. (Time does that, ya know?)
"So," you ask, "Where is your eternal perspective, Ames?" It seems to have been a little scared off in the last year. Could someone please help me find it?
It may take a little while to get back into my "Go Get 'em Life" mode.
... I'm waiting...
OK. Let's talk now about my vacay: "St Maarten, St John/St Thomas, Castaway Cay, and three relaxing days at sea." Thank you, DCL, I will TAKE IT!!!
Um- have I mentioned that I am now the person who oversees the Cub Scouts in Primary? I. Have. No. Idea. But Chuck's Grandma gave me a super cute picture of my husband as a seven- year-old Cub Scout. I want to eat him up. And that concludes my current knowledge of the Cub Scouts.
OH! Not true: Wolf, Bear, Webelos....
Next thought:
I am blissfully giddy over the fact that I got married at 27 and lived a bit of my life. Life is wonderful because of it.
And what else?
I bite my nails when I am anxious. My nails have been growing this week- which means less anxiety. Awesome. (Details of the "princess" that you never knew, right???)
Cruise = Pedicure.
Pizza is delish.
I get a massage tomorrow.
I love Mondays.


1 comment:
Just a little... thought:
You want eternal perspective? Start having those fast-growing babies that you mentioned.
Trust me. There's nothing like the sacrifice required to not only bring a life into this world, give up your figure and your sleep, give up any selfish motives or performance desires and be ok with it, and try to teach them the principles of the Gospel at every possible moment - even though they DO grow up so fast... totally makes you feel closer to God and the Savior and helps you understand a tiny bit the way They view things.
I recommend it. :)
Post a Comment