Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dilly-Dallying...


A weekday afternoon/evening and I have time for blogging...

Holidays=Less Work= Happy Amy.

My latest HAPPIES:

1.

It is not very often that I LOVE a movie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tangled. Chuck and I finally saw it on Monday and I adored it. So much. I felt like a nine-year-old as I got all wrapped up in the fairy tale of it all. Oh, so wonderful. Thoughts?

2.

This is how Gilbert- recently nicknamed "Gilford Woodruff"- sleeps. Never seen a cat sleep like this before

3.


A few mornings ago, as I woke up, Chuck informed me that I missed the Christmas episode of "Glee." (In all honestly I have missed MANY episodes... I've kind of lost that lovin' feelin'...) ANYWAY, he proceeds to perform the Finn/Rachel version of "Last Christmas" as seen on the show. I am so happy he keeps me entertained. And that he doesn't murder me when I tell stories like this on the blog...

4.

Skye and Jyl- Our niece and Jyl the dog kept us thoroughly entertained on Christmas Day.

Skye doing her "Pole Dance."


5.


Truffles- Blast my sister who gave us "Cocoa Dusted Truffles" as part of our Christmas gifts. They are delish and there are a zillion- yes, a ZILLION- of them and I keep eating them. Ugh.


6.

Demon Kitty- Chuck posted this on Facebook this week and it got more attention than any other pictures of the two of us ever have.

7.

My Little Jar of Vaseline-I'm attached to this thing. Ridiculous. It ran out this week. It's the end of an era.

Little Jar of Vaseline joined my life during the summer of 2003. I was living in West Yellowstone and bought him at the "Apothecary." It's dry up there, so Trudy Bidwell told the cast to put Vaseline up our noses to avoid nosebleeds and lots of dry boogers. Ha.

Fast forward- Little Jar of Vaseline becomes very well traveled:

The Playmill housing was his first home.
He goes to BYU with me.
He travels all over Asia with the Young Ambassadors.
He flies to NYC.
He moves to the other side of the world! (Back to Asia, really, Amy???)
He moves back to Utah
Then he goes on a cross country trip to Florida where he makes his new home.
Two years later I drag him back to Utah and we move into a new house.
And now he's gone.
Seven and a half years later.

Lots of history with that Little Jar of Vaseline. Sniffle.

Yes. I'm a crazy person for writing about Vaseline.

And that concludes this post. Thank you.

4 comments:

Karlene said...

Very fun post Amy! First of all, Tangled=LOVE My new fav! Second, that cat! Hilarious! Third, Even I got weepy over the vaseline jar.

K. C. said...

LOL about your vaseline! :)
I loved Tangled, too. I liked that it was classic Disney. It's like the Disney movies that came out when we were kids. And I LOVED the duet song! Haven't had a good Disney duet since Aladdin, maybe?
Anywho, I hope you're back bloggin for good because I miss your posts!

Misty said...

You're back!!! I've missed your posts. I LOVE Tangled. It might even beat out Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid to become my favorite.

Harper said...

We haven't seen TANGLED yet, but per your recommendation, we definitely will see it! We can't wait!

Your Vaseline jar sure has seen the world. I remember it as part of our room at Playmill, but I didn't remember Trudy's advice for avoiding "bloody noses and dry boogers". That was funny!