I work a lot now. I am tired. But I have found that, oddly enough, I am more productive and more efficient with my time when I am REALLY busy. Hmmm. Discoveries...
Things that kept me happy this past week-
1. Weeping Women: Today I went to Relief Society again. For the first time in a long, long time. (I went once for Mothers Day but before that we're talking like a few weeks after we moved in. So more than a year ago...) ANYWAY- I went today. And I needed it. Our ward is at capacity again (we're talking about 360 in our Primary, folks) and the Primary Pres. has decided to let someone else doing Singing Time for Senior Primary. Which means I get to go hang out with the ladies. I'm REALLY happy about it.
2. And We'll Have FUN FUN FUN: THESE PEOPLE are coming rill soon. Pretty much can't wait.
3. Totally Reality: I mentioned it before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the season finale of The Bachelorette. I did. I'm not a giddy girly person either- and that had me squealing.
4. Lite: I haven't eaten out for a week. One whole week. This is progress people. Someday I may even go back to running five miles a day like I used to... Before the cruise, before the crazies of 2010... Yeah.
5. Flap Ball Change: Cute Hubby bought me a chunk of wood to tappity tap on with my new DVDs. It's going to take everything inside of me to seriously buckle down and beef up those skills, but I need something to focus on, ya know?
6. Plans: Have my next trip to Orlando planned. It's the last year of the 20+ show I've participated in since 2007, so this is it. Off I'll go to do that show one last time at the beginning of November. After that it'll be Beauty and the Beast about once every six months.
And someday soon we'll go on another cruise.
Yes people. Someday we will actually plan a trip that has nothing to do with Disney- but while we've got the perks, we just gotta take advantage of them, right?
7. Closer: Every time I write a check that goes towards paying our cars off I get happy. I'd be happiER if those dollars were buying us clothes or furniture or something of that sort, but for now I will continue to use every penny I make and every extra penny we have to pay off those awesome cars that we've already owned for three years. Patience...
Now I need to clean my house and get it ready for the week ahead. Yay me.
PS: I want to spice up the blog. I feel like LIFE itself - when I'm not living in another country or pretending to be someone else with a good portion of my life - can be quite dull to write about. But I am happy to report that I am quite content with real "life." It's taken a long time to "settle down" if you will, but I'm in a good place. It feels nice.
So whaddya think? Shall I now write about the stats of my KITTY?!?!? (Ya know, cuz I said I was gonna spice up the blog...)
Oh my gosh you guys! M. Gilbert had his eight week checkup this week and here are his stats:
Height: 90th Percentile!
Weight: 95th Percentile!
Head: 5th Percentile!
Looks like we have a weird one on our hands! The pediatrician thinks it'll all turn out just fine.
Likes:
Mommy
Fuzzy blanket that he thinks is his real cat mommy
Daddy's feet, toes, legs- anything biteable and/or scratchable
His laser toy
Playing in his litter box
Climbing me like a tree
Climbing anything like a tree
The pantry
Socks
The bed skirt
Dislikes:
OUTSIDE
Loud noises
Daddy wrapping him up in a blanket to see how long it takes him to get out
Being thrown out of the pantry
Chewing carpet strands
Holding still
Being obedient
Milestones:
- Pooped in the litter box all by himself today!
- Counts to six.
- Knows how to play the harmonica.
- Eats solids.
- Claps his paws and says "hello!"
Yes. I am mocking. And it's all out of pure love for all of you. ;-)
3 comments:
I am a firm believer that true mockery usually stems from envy... I know this to be true because I've lived on both sides ;)
... just sayin'. :P
(oh, and P.S. WHY do you have to go back to princess it up every 6 months? Is it like a turn-over gap thing....?)
Ha ha ha. :P I agree with Tiff.
Oh yeah- well Chloe plays the violin!
And Baxter plays the tuba with Josie on the clarinet. I would enter them into contests, but then we'd have the paparazzi at our house all of the time and that would just get ridiculous after a while.
Actually, Chloe is a brat cat. A loud, crazy one.
I like your stats!
Post a Comment