Saturday, July 03, 2010

Childhood

Spent some time playing on YouTube this morning. This was one of my very favorite toys as a kid, and had our house not fallen down a hill and all of our stuff shoved in storage sheds all over creation, we may have kept track of her and all of my kiddos (yes, the ones I don't have...) could have enjoyed her too. Sniffle.



Guess I'll have to spend a few hundred bucks on E-Bay in a few years.

Here's another gem:



What more could I little girl want than a canine with a Velcro uterus? I was getting older when these came out, but my sister sure loved them. And boy- what a catchy little tune!!! :-)

Yes, I was eleven when these came out, but don't worry- I had THREE of them. To credit my awesome fortune, I bought one at Wal-Mart and the card told me I'd won TRIPLETS!!! Weeks later, my little babies came in the mail. It was a good moment in my life.



I also had two sets of these little buggers...




Fortune stuck again when I won one of those sets, and again, the little babies came in the mail. They even had diaper rashes that could be wiped off with a warm cloth. How adorable.

7 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

That dog thing is creepy... I'm thinking the creepiest doll thing I had was probably the Suzie Stretch. Do you remember those?? How exciting haha..

Celeste said...

I had a Pony Surprise. I loved it! Also Amy had All the Quints and and the Quint cousins and a few of the different sets. Toys were so much cooler back then.

Jenna said...

oh my gosh i had a puppy surprise! i loved it!

Mrs. Egg said...

I still have my mother goose, teddy ruxpin & Snoopy. Who knows if they still work. Love them!

Scott and Amber said...

You lucky little girl! I remember these commercials but I never got any of the toys. It's funny, they did seem so cool as a kid, but now yea...a bit creepy. And what's with such low odds for getting 5 puppies! Guess I've become jaded in my old age ;)

Hannah said...

wow. I just don't know....

tyler, terrah, miles and gavin said...

I never had a Puppy Surprise, but for some reason my brain recognized the jingle. "There could be three, or four, or five!..."