Mr. Striped Shirt= Me.
Carrot= A Furnished house and $600 extra a month!
All of a sudden I am a busy person. No more leisurely sleep-ins, runs on the tredmill at noon, loads of laundry at two... nope. That has all changed. It's good. And tiring. But at least I feel useful. And uber motivated.Carrot= A Furnished house and $600 extra a month!
#1: ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND: I haven't yet posted about this great little weekend we had. On Wednesday night Chuck was too excited about what he had planned to wait till the next morning to tell me. My cute husband comes in the the room with our traditional road trip treats, a book about Arches National Park, and a bike rack for my car. He'd planned a weekend trip down to Arches where we could hike and play and ride our really awesome we-bought-them-off-KSL bikes! Wahoo!
Thursday came. Rain. Snow. Not such a great forecast for my cute hubby's well thought out plan. :-( (The weather has previously been forecasted as nice...) BUT we switched up our plans, spent the day in Park City and had dinner at Carrabbas. It was a GREAT first anniversary. And guess what?!?!?! Our cake was delicious! It looked a little sad- you know, all smashed up for being wrapped and frozen for a year, but awwwww it made me sentimental. I nearly cried when we threw its remains away a week later. Sniffle.
I loved that cake.
I loved OUR wedding. A lot.
(The OUR is for Chuck- he always accuses me of using "my wedding," and "my cake" and "my house" here on the Bloggy Blog. So Chuckie- that was for YOU!)
#2: Job. JobS. I now have three jobs. The Theatre, Little School, and now... drumroll... I am the manager of a STORE in a local mall. Um, WHAT? Yeah- Long story REALLY short:
Costco. Modeling. In the past. Newest position? Manager of a store selling products of the same company that I worked the Costco job for. Confused? Yeah. Me too. But hey- it's all good.
Point is... This all leads me to the happiest/sun shiny-est part of this whole thing!!!!

THE COUNTDOWN
In less than NINE months BOTH of our cars should be paid off. (Remember how awhile ago I had a goal of paying off the TRUCK by October??? Now it's BOTH cars by DECEMBER!) At that point, the only debt we'll have will be my student loan. GAH! I've said it before and I shall say it again (for different reasons this time...) Please let 2010 go by quickly!!!And by the way- I have never really been one to ask for time to go by quickly... but I can not WAIT till the car payments are over, we'll have $600 extra every month, AND I'll get to spend the money I make on things we don't ALREADY have.
I can hear the Z Gallerie calling me now...
Or maybe we could have a kid.
Or go on awesome vacays.
THE MORAL IS:
Paying it Off= Happy, but annoyingly time consuming.
#3: Days with Kensie: Awwww this little girl continues to make me smile. We have several great quotes from her- courtesy of the last few weekends.
Chuck: "Kensie, where is Myles?" (Our nephew)
Kensie: "He's with him Daddy."
Perhaps she has been living in South Salt Lake too long...
Chuck: "I love Amy."
Kensie: "She is MY Amy. I love her."
Chuck: "Well I am married to her."
Kensie: "Noooooooooo! She is MY Amy! I am married to her!"
I feel loved.
#4: Carrabbas: Have you been there? Rigatoni Martino. Never gets old.
#5: Easter: Family, a great show with my mom (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Orem Hale... go. HILARIOUS!), too much candy, great food, etc...
But most importantly, of course, the Resurrection of the Savior. The day was more poignant this year. After the loss of Emily in November, this Easter was a brilliant and wonderful reminder of the fact that she will live again. For that we are forever grateful.
#6: General Conference: Nothing beats and awesome weekend at home watching Conference and hearing the words of our great prophet and other leaders. I feel rejuvenated and hopeful and I feel a little bit of bliss. Life is good.
#7: Baby Beyonce:
It makes me smile. Chuck version is better though... ;-)
#8: Carrots: They're great. For a vegetable.
#9: Best Friend: Oh Crockety Crock Pot(s)- You shall become my best friend in the coming months. Dear Blogging World friends: I need good crock pot recipes so hubby and I don't starve while we're both working way too much. Healthy. Suggestions?
#10: LDS Journal: Can't stop the trend of a few weeks. Still lovin' it.
#11: Spring: It has to be coming. I thought I could see it, but it went back inside it's groundhog hole or something. Come out, come out, wherever you are! (Not like I'll ever be outside to enjoy it...)
#12: Gay Witch Hunt: Best episode of The Office. I never tire of it.
#13: Survivor: Great this season. Chuck and I are thoroughly enjoying it. Thoroughly. Like as in, we LIVE for Thursday nights.
#14: Can't end on 13...
#15: Tax Miracle: Did I ever mention how scary our taxes were this year? Scary. We started out owing $2400. Found some papers that helped. Only owed $360. Still kinda freaked out about paying the $360, but grateful it wasn't $2400. Surprise check comes in mail: $369. We overpaid on our escrow last year. Paid our tax bill.
Thank you, blessings of tithing.
They are real.
#16: New Makeup: I love it and I need it.
Yeah- that's gonna be all. I need to fold laundry. And get everything done that I won't be able to for the next... indefinitely. Yep.
Also: Who ever really gets through this whole thing? Do you really read it or am I just typing to myself. Killing time.
Either way...

11 comments:
http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/
Just found this...AWESOME!
2. HOORAY! I can't wait until we're in the position. Ours is quite a bit further, though. :(
10. I <3 it tooooo!
15. That is AWESOME! What are you going to spend that $9 on? lol
I love, love, love your blogs and I read them every week. They make me happy.
Oh and 16. Where'd you get your make up? I've never graduated from Wal mart and I'm scared.
I get through this! Every week! Your optimism and gratitude inspires me weekly! =)
I just found that 365daysofcrockpot, too, and have bookmarked a few recipes!
Here's a crock pot recipe I enjoy and make regularly: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html The leftovers are even better!
i get through your Sunday Sunshine every week! I love it. I've thought about doing it too, but I don't want to be annoying copycat sister-in-law. haha
um friend, I need new make up too. My eyeliner is short than the lid. You heading over to MAC anytime soon?
Read every word! Isn't tithing great... and it's a tax deduction, too! Love ya!
Chicken Tortilla Soup:
1 large can canned chicken (10 oz). 1 bag frozen red, green, yellow peppers with onions. (or if you only find the bag with just the peppers, also cut up a small onion.) 2 cloves of garlic crushed. 1 can mexican stewed tomatoes. 2 cans chicken broth (14 oz). Throw in crock pot. Cook on low while at work. Come home from work. Add lime juice if you want. Put in bowl and top with bite-sized tortilla chips. Enjoy. (I always double the recipe.)
p.s. of course I always read your blog. silly question!
http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/
Just noticed someone already sent you this...also, my recipe for chicken tortilla soup is 3 times easier, but you'll have to call me for it.
WOW! Amy, you are so busy! I bet you like that a lot more. I hope you and Chuck are loving your time together in Utah. Sometimes I miss those mountains so very much.
I love reading your blog and catching up!
I ALWAYS get all the way through your blogs. Like multiples of others have said, it makes me happy. :) Congrats on the new things! I just hope you're still able to make it to my reception next week.
Post a Comment