Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunshine on a Sunday


1. My Boy: A Few Adoring Facts- My husband works hard. He loves to tie down things in his truck. He pays for practically everything (Including the car and the student loan that I brought into the relationship...) He is REALLY good at what he does. He makes me laugh. He honors his priesthood. He does funny dances. He's very tidy and clean. He always magnifies his church callings. He sings in a high voice the shower-sometimes. He doesn't like mornings. He always wants to help people. He has great ideas for decorating our house. He loves to mow the lawn. He thinks that he will someday convince me to like "The Simpsons." He supports and encourages me in everything I do. He helps me with anything artsy that I can't even attempt. He is a great organizer. He tells me when he uses my body wash. He loves "Extreme Makeover- Home Edition." He is passionate about many things. He lets me feed him wheat pasta and fiber bars without complaint.


Just a few reasons why I love the guy...

2. Stake Conference: We had a fantastic stake conference this weekend. Our stake was split, our bishop has been moved to the stake presidency, we had incredible speakers... it was a really wonderful couple of meetings.

3. New Beginnings: Sister is moved. Everything still needs to be completely unpacked and organized, but Biff and Kensie are on their way to having a really cute home and a place to begin anew. It feels peaceful.

4. Bling: I have a really great wedding ring. I love it. It sparkles and it makes me happy.

5. $1335: This is how much I paid off on the truck this week. YAY ME! (See note below for updated info...)

6. Pesto: I do believe I have perfected my homemade pesto. This is an accomplishment. And I am proud.

7. Cookies: I make a mean chocolate chunk/butterscotch chip cookie. Oh, I've mentioned the dough before? Yeah- that dough also makes really great cookies.

8. Book: In relation to last week's excitement to watch the BBC story on Anne Frank, I have begun reading her diary. Good stuff.

9. Gifts: We got a late wedding gift this week! Thanks, Kara!!! I LOVE THAT!

10. Home: I love our house and being home. And I love our neighborhood and our ward and the people here. It all makes me happy.

Note: Remember how last week I was all pumped and motivated and even blogging about being "anxiously engaged" and working like crazy to pay off our cars? Yes, well... complications have risen and I am not longer working in the store. Though the story would be great blogging entertainment, this is the Internet and I must have a filter. Sigh. Anyway, the point is:

I need another way to make money. Does anyone in Utah know of someone who needs an employee to work from home, or someone who is in the Lehi-ish area that is hiring?




4 comments:

Unknown said...

How come the name of the store was never divulged? Just curious...

Unknown said...

oops! Greg says my comment nded confrontatnal. i didn't mean it that way at all. i was just curious and was trying to be funny. Well, jay leno i'm not! sigh...

tysqui said...

The Salt Lake City Library has a very interesting exhibit going on about Anne Frank. You should check it out.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Hey Miss Amy! First off, we miss you in Florida. Second off, I am so glad that you are able to be around your family and friends in Utah. Sometimes I miss that sooo much. Thirdly, I am sorry that I haven't called or written lately. We are doing all that fun stuff plus we are directing "Savior of the World" again. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I love you!!!!