Sometimes I just get in thinking moods. Tonight is one of those times.
I've been contemplating and pondering life as it is right now for me. I work. A lot. Over forty hours a week. Sure, that may not seem like much to some of you, but for me- Princess Girl who used to only WORK 7 hours a week, forty hours is quite overwhelming.
Wah wah- welcome to life, sucker.
No, but really. Remember how when I left Disney and moved to Utah and got married and stopped performing and yada yada I had my moments of getting lost and discouraged and depressed?
GUESS WHAT? While working forty hours a week I have NO TIME for that silliness!
I have PURPOSE. I have a CAUSE. I have a GOAL.
And however silly the goal of getting our two cars paid off is, it's SOMETHING. And I am happy about it.
Yes. I wish I still had time to work out with Bob and Jillian. Yes. I wish I still had time to watch Oprah. Yes. I wish that I had time to plant pretty flowers in my flower beds. And YES. I wish I had time to fold all my laundry after I wash it.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
I am grateful to have something good within reach. It's a long and hard process that may cause me to lose my mind (literally... if you want stories, contact me...) , but it's good for me.
And I am sure my cute husband is grateful for less frequent bursts of tears laden with the "I dunno what to do with myself" line.
So yes, my friends, more than ever I am seeing the wisdom in this great scripture:
D & C 58: 26-27
26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
I've been contemplating and pondering life as it is right now for me. I work. A lot. Over forty hours a week. Sure, that may not seem like much to some of you, but for me- Princess Girl who used to only WORK 7 hours a week, forty hours is quite overwhelming.
Wah wah- welcome to life, sucker.
No, but really. Remember how when I left Disney and moved to Utah and got married and stopped performing and yada yada I had my moments of getting lost and discouraged and depressed?
GUESS WHAT? While working forty hours a week I have NO TIME for that silliness!
I have PURPOSE. I have a CAUSE. I have a GOAL.
And however silly the goal of getting our two cars paid off is, it's SOMETHING. And I am happy about it.
Yes. I wish I still had time to work out with Bob and Jillian. Yes. I wish I still had time to watch Oprah. Yes. I wish that I had time to plant pretty flowers in my flower beds. And YES. I wish I had time to fold all my laundry after I wash it.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
I am grateful to have something good within reach. It's a long and hard process that may cause me to lose my mind (literally... if you want stories, contact me...) , but it's good for me.
And I am sure my cute husband is grateful for less frequent bursts of tears laden with the "I dunno what to do with myself" line.
So yes, my friends, more than ever I am seeing the wisdom in this great scripture:
D & C 58: 26-27
26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.

2 comments:
I am right there with you. I have recently gone from the "Nemo" schedule to the regular schedule of 40 hours a week. It is a totally different kind of work and one that, if you're not used to, totally drains you.
Amy, your awesome. Thanks for writing such meaningful and special thoughts! You have helped me today.:) Love you!
Lisa
Post a Comment