Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunday Sunshine for Valentines Day


Twas a pretty happy week. This is why:

#1: Valentines Day Weekend: My husband is cute. Saturday morning I woke up to lots of chocolate, roses, and two new purses! (And a few other things- involving kitties- that made me laugh). Love him. He makes me feel special and treats me like a princess even when I don't act like one. :-) We went to the YA show on BYU campus, and then drove to, of all places, Ephraim, to eat at a hole-in-the-wall pizza joint called Roy's. I've loved it ever since my sister went to school at Snow College in 2003, so we finally made the jaunt over there so Chuck could try it out. YUMMY. Cinnamon bread sticks. Heaven.





We also took a quick nighttime gander at the Manti Temple. Gorgeous. Happiness.

#2: Young Ambassadors 40th Reunion: Though I didn't PARTICIPATE in this weekend's festivities, I was filled with sentiment and memories of my time with the BYU Young Ambassadors. It's been five years now since my time with that group, but I still keep in touch with many of my dear friends from that time. Like I mentioned, Chuck and I attended the "YA Show" on Saturday afternoon, and then tonight we went to a fireside at the Conference Center that was recorded for future broadcast.

"I Have Seen Him"- the song in the video below- was my favorite song from the YA fireside of 2004-05. Thanks, Dallyn Bayles for being such a rock star (The good Mormon boy kind, of course!)







#3: The Feeling of Spring: Today I sneezed. I think it's coming. That makes me happy.

#4: A New Job: I got a new job this week. Nothing that will be a gigantic time commitment, it's only six hours a week, but it'll be fun. Details to come.

#5: A Special Project: For the last two weeks I have been doing something special for my cute sister. Here're highlights of the end result:






#6: A Cute Dress: Wore my new Shabby Apple dress today. Love it.

#7: Twilight #4: Got it from my mom tonight. Guess I know what I'll be doing all week.

#8: Survivor: Yay for Thursday night in front of the TV with friends.

#9: Renewed Dedication: The last month has been rough. I've been making myself feel better with whatever food I want. Results: No money and weight gain. Ahhhhh love it. Anyway, the skies are blue, I'm a mile away from an outdoor track, and my iPod Shuffle is ready to go with some geeky Glee tunes.

#10: Cuddling: I am a cuddle addict. My husband puts up with it. Thanks, Charles.

#11: Elmers Glue: It smells like elementary school. I used it a lot this week.

#12: Dasani Water: Yum.

#13: Benihana: Oh yeah- did I mention that we also went to Benihana with friends for Valentines Day? We did. My husband is cool. Thanks to Adam and Katie too for a fun night!


#14: Chuck likes it when I dance for him. Just like Tenley dances for Jake. Tonight's impromptu dance was a selection from the animated film, "Anastasia." Thanks Donna Lewis and Richard Marx.

#15: My V-Day present for Chuckie was pretty lame, but he seemed to like it. He took lots of pictures.


I love this boy.

4 comments:

Pam said...

This post me laugh and tear up. It is so wonderful to hear you rValentines weekend was superb!

Unknown said...

Another cute post. Love reading them.

Jason Graham said...

Remeber when "Damn Yankees" translated to "Foreign Gay Men"? Man, those were the days.

Melissa said...

Amy, we missed you this last weekend! It looks like you had fun with your visiting friends! Come see me soon!