This is Uncle Sam.
He's saying, "I want YOUR MONEY, AMES!"
For the first time in my life, and Chuck's, we OWE money. A ridiculous amount of money. Sniffle.
Can I just say, "NO!"
??????
(The bright side of things: We have jobs to be taxed for. And we have a great tax guy. Look at me, being all positive... GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I Don't Wanna
Posted by
Amy
at
12:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How the heck did that happen??? Need some dependents? HAHA...ok I won't go there. But seriously... even after the new home credit? What a bummer!
Seriously, every time we went through a tax guy, we would have to pay A LOT, but then the hubby decided to do turbo tax, and boy howdy we were in business. You should try it next year, I telling ya, you won't ever go back:-)
Welllllllllll there are a few reasons why we owe a lot. When we bought the house, we got a $6K grant for our down payment from the State of Utah. At the time they didn't know for sure whether it'd be taxable. Well, it is. Sigh.
We also have to pay state tax on the income I earned in Florida- which was the majority of my income this year. Sigh again.
We normally do them ourselves, but this year it was too complicated with tons of W2s, a K-1, 1099s, and a bunch of other stuff. So we just gave it to a friend to do. (He's a tax man and Chuck's best friend, so we know he's working hard to hook us up... ha ha).
At least you don't live in California. If you get a tax return here, it's considered "taxable income" and you have to pay taxes on your tax return! Can we say "double dipping"? I'd rather owe a little so I don't have to pay more.
Post a Comment