Monday, February 08, 2010

Almost Springtime ... Sunday Sunshine!




So Spring... it feels like it's coming. That makes me happy, BUT honestly, I'd still enjoy a bit more snow. There hasn't been enough for my first year back in Utah. I'm envious of the East coast right now. So that's how I feel about snow. Yep.

Happies of the week:

1. Most of the week was spent in bed trying to get rid of the stupid cold that has plagued my life for the past almost two weeks. And don't worry- I'm STILL posting from my bed where I'll most likely remain for the rest of the day. Days in bed are nice sometimes. They're good for refocusing, reading, lots of sleeping, blogging, etc. etc. etc. I'll admit that, besides the fact that my nose was, and still is, either plugged or running like a faucet, the week in bed was quite enjoyable.

2. Syd's scholarship concert: Good, GOOD times. Awesome people that I was SO happy to see and perform with. I didn't take any pictures, which is fairly unlike me. BUT I think the fact that I was sicky sick sick deterred me from wanting to document the event. And I had a zit on my chin. Ha.

I love performing with talented people. I love getting goosebumps when I hear my friends sing "In Lily's Eyes" or "Back to Before." It makes my heart giddily happy. I love being a part of that. Unfortunately, the grimace I wore on my face the entire rehearsal and show process didn't display that giddiness very well, but know, friends, that I loved it. It's just not AS much fun when you feel like you've been hit by a truck.

Thanks, also, to everyone who came.

3. I've had a FANTASTIC project going on all week and I am excited to finish it up. :-) I love secrets.

4. I get my car back this week!!! Sophie will be good as new.

5. Free massages are still pretty much my favorite thing in the world. Thanks, neighbor, for the amazing hookup. Sigh.

6. It's Valentines Day week!!! It's great to know I'll have a date!!!

7. I grocery shopped like a mad woman on Friday. It was delightful. I REALLY enjoy grocery stores.

8. It's Bachelor night. AND Survivor starts again on Thursday.

9. OFFICE NIGHT: Thursday nights are happy here at our house. We have friends over, we play games, we talk, and once in awhile we actually watch THE OFFICE. I am so grateful for fun friends and the good times we have on Thursdays.

10. Clean towels. Ahhhh divinity.

11. Lazy Sunday nights: Last night I laughed harder than I have in months. Chuck and my mom were on one as we played a game of Settlers. I love funny people.


Have a happy week, everyone.

2 comments:

The Boothes said...

It was so fun to see you this week end. You were amazing, even if you were sick! Sure love you!

Karlene said...

K. I thought I was the only one jealous of the East coast! I. want. that. snow! Yes! Survivor! It's going to be the best so far! Get feeling better. Keep taking your vitamin C!