
Yes, I know. I am behind the times. (I've still only read one-and-a-half books of the Harry Potter series!) I'm trying to remedy that...
Eclipse:
"Look after my heart - I've left it with you."
Really? REALLY? Oh geez. I am a hopeless romantic, and as a fourteen-year-old giddy child I'd have been swept away by this line.
OK- I guess that's the point.
But at 28 I see this as the cheesiest line every to grace the history of literature. Thank you, Stephenie Meyer.
And PS: Edward is still just creepy. I AM enjoying these books... but CREEPY CREPPY vampire boy who watches a girl in her sleep is just a little too intense for me. The End.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Twilight-ing Away the Day...
Posted by
Amy
at
2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hmmmm.... well, I guess I just see Edward as someone who, since he doesn't sleep anyway, likes to watch the love of his eternal life as she rests since he waited 100 years for her to show up anyway. I mean, what else is he gonna' do?
/shrug
I suggest finishing the Harry Potter series instead :) Although I can't vouch for all of the Twilight books - I couldn't get past the first one.
amen! saw the second movie and wanted to puke. the cheesiest lines I've ever heard. So it leads me to believe the books can't be much better.
How funny - I finally gave up and joined the Twilight bandwagon and just started New Moon a few days ago. I saw New Moon in theater before I'd read any books and I've yet to see the first movie - I'm having a hard time getting motivated to finish this one since i already know the plot points.
Count the number of times the author uses the word "grimace" in her books (especially the 1st). It'll make you, uh, grimace.
Post a Comment