
I accomplished something great in the last two days. For those of you who think I should be a musical genius, those of you who know me well know MUCH better. I am TERRIBLE at reading music and playing the piano is basically pure torture for me. But I WANT to be good at those things. I REALLY want to.
So the last couple days I spent some time WORKING on it. And as of today I can play the whole first four measures of the Primary song for this year (I Know The My Savior Loves Me).
No laughing. It's a big deal for me. I am proud of myself. I want to play the whole song. If I concentrate I can do it. It'll just take time. :-)
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
For Me, It's Genius.
Posted by
Amy
at
11:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good job! You can do it! I do ok with the right hand, but putting both hands together is very hard for me. Something I want to work on this year, too.
Yea for you!
Great job, Amy! I play piano, but I had to teach myself to accompany at my last teaching job. Like, play- "Defying Gravity"-so-the-choir-could-sing-it accompanying. One measure at a time was the only way I could do it. You'll be amazed at how much you'll be able to play if you keep tackling it this way. Congrats!
That's great! It's a wonderful song. I just LOVE it. Keep working.
That's awesome Amy. :) I still haven't heard the song yet. I guess I am going to have to listen to it online today. I was sad because you started practicing it on Sunday with the kids and I was running back and forth in the halls getting some name submitted for callings. By the way it was nice to have you at the meeting yesterday. :)
Go you! I am taking piano lessons right now too. We can do it!!
Great job, Amy! That's great! :)
Post a Comment