Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday's Reluctant Sunday Sunshine

Sometimes I am not in the mood for this. Yes, even I get depressed and cranky. (Oh wait-y'all know that after the months of crankiness earlier this year...)

BUT- even though things look not-so-great in my life right now, there are still lots of things that DO make me happy. Here goes:

#1: My holiday work is over. Thank you, Costco (AKA Mikarose- the company I work for) , for being OVER. I'm tired, cranky, and getting sick again. Really? Is that necessary? I need to find a way to whip myself into happy, normal mode within the next 24 hours or my Christmas is going to be NOT FUN. Boo.

But on the bright side, I made some money. Christmas and our savings account will appreciate that.

#2: Devin and Andrea are in town. I can't wait to see them. I miss them.

#3: Shoes: I have found several cute pairs in the last few days and they have brightened my week. Thank you, shoes. - Still looking for some good boots, though. -

#4: Goodies: Yep, haven't had my fill of holiday junk yet, I guess. Tonight's FHE will be baking central. Then we'll go around to all our neighbors and give THEM junk to eat (Gotta share the love). Fun. Hopefully that will lift my mood...

#5: I'm a fan of Fiber One Bars. They taste good.

#6: Home: I love my house. I am thankful that we have it. It's warm and cute and I love it. I like being home. I am a homebody. I'd rather be here than anywhere else. Yep.

#7: Kallie. I spent the night at my aunt's house on Friday and I just love this girl. Always have, always will. It trips me out to think that she is in COLLEGE now, but whatever. She makes me smile.

#8: Christmas Cards: I love checking the mail this time of year. I get excited for it every day. Hearing from old friends and family makes me happy.

#9: Survivor: Chuck and I don't watch much TV. We watch The Office and Survivor. Oh, and The Bachelor (JANUARY 4!!!!!!!!!). This season of Survivor was fantastic. Loved watching the three hour finale last night. Fun. And happy.

#10: 9 Months! Friday is nine months of marriage. That means that if we'd had a honeymoon baby we'd almost, or already be parents. Frightening. ;-)

#11: Family Dinners- We had a great Christmas party with the Shreeves at Greg and Susan's house last night. I am always jealous of Susan's great table settings and decor. Someday I will be a great hostess like that... stuff like that makes me happy. AND seeing my cousin Blake- who I hadn't seen in at LEAST two years, also made me happy. His girls are absolutely adorable. I love family functions. (Good thing... cuz we have FOUR families to rotate between...)

#12: Village Pizza: WE HAVE A RESTAURANT ONE MILE FROM OUR HOUSE!!!! Pizza Saturday night was awesome. And pretty cheap. YUM.

#13: Movies: We haven't been to a movie in a REALLY long time, but this week, we hit up THREE movies.

- Princess and the Frog
-Everybody's Fine
-The Blindside

Loved them all. Thank you, smell of popcorn and sticky floors. I love you.

#14: CHRISTMAS IS THIS WEEK! Off I go to lighten my spirits and do some shopping. I should clean my house first. Nah.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!

And PS: Writing down what makes you happy and what you're grateful for REALLY does help. I'm thankful for that, too.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So what did you think of Princess and the Frog? I personally loved it, but then again, you probably figured that out after seeing my many status updates about it on facebook. :)

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

john and i found out we were expecting 9 months after we got married.... just saying....

Kallie Olson said...

Amy :) I love you :) You're my fav haha don't tell ;) ;) ;) But yes, I'm going to NEED Red Mango Monday ASAP!!! Yes yes.. lol Maybe you can help me with my dumb problems :) Well off to work, have a lovely week darling!

Rebekah said...

So fun! It's totally true too. Counting your blessings does brighten a gloomy day. By the way...I absolutely love your pic of you with the huge jug of Hershey's chocolate syrup. Chocolate makes me VERY happy! :) Merry Christmas and hope to see you guys on New Year's Eve.