Sunday, July 12, 2009

This Week's Edition...


Sunday Sunshine

What a great week is has been. Nothing eventful, but sometimes those are the best kinds of weeks. I'm feeling happy that the middle of summer is upon us, I'm going to Orlando this week (Ohana here I come...), and Mr. Obama was good to me and Chuck this week. (Grandkids, I'll thank you later when you're paying off our national debt because of the perks he gave us...)

Happies of the Week

1. Primary today: Mr. Sharing Time: "Boys and girls, what kinds of things make YOU happy?" Senior Primary Fellow: "I like to think about snakes."

2. Folks, today marks TWO WEEKS since I last cried! Things are looking up!

3. Last week when I went to Rexburg, my little heart was filled with beautiful memories as I drove Chuck around that little town. I am so thankful for those 30 or so months that I spent in Rexburg, Idaho. Happiness.

4. As I mentioned earlier, thanks to Obama's housing perks, Chuck and I paid of $6K of debt this week. We decided we needed to enjoy a bit of the money as well, so we each took a small portion- $250 each- and went on a little shopping spree. I would have loved to spend, ya know, all $8K on fun things like decorating our house and that Hawaiian cruise I am DYING to go on, but ya know- someday it'll all happen. For now it's time to get rid of debt. I hate debt. Sigh. BUT THE HAPPY POINT is that we got rid of $6K of it this week!

5. Our room is almost complete, and I LOVE it! Pictures to come...

6. I spent the day with Kensie on Friday. She's officially a little kid and it's hysterically fun.

7. I ate at the Canyon Street Grill on Monday last week. Peanut Butter shake- Delish!

8. My husband is crazy dedicated to his calling and the ward, and I adore that. I feel very blessed that I have a guy who is so set on serving those around him, and who sacrifices so much to do so. He's basically amazing. That's all.

9. Going back to Orlando holds excitement and some nerves at the same time. It seems a lifetime ago that I was there doing about 20 shows a week. Life is so different now...

10. Tomorrow is Bachelorette night! Chuck and I love Mondays. FHE, Bachelorette, and Here Come the Newlyweds. We're such nerds. But I DO have to say that this season is RETARDEDLY scripted and fake. Whatever. I'll still watch.


Be good this week. And do something to make you happy. :-)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah for you coming to Orlando. Yeah for you not crying.
Yeah for bachelorette night. I am just sad that next week, when you are here to watch it, I will be in class... learning stats. UGH! I would rather be on the couch with you, watching trash tv. It's fine.

Emo Henshaw said...

Amy can i just say i LOVE your blog. my highlights of your highlights are that you havent cried in two weeks. i am going on three so we can do it together. that you watch the bachelorette I absolutely LOVE Jillana. I want all of her clothes. I am excited for you to go back to Orlando. i was there in May and it rained everyday. hopefully you have better luck!