Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunshine of the Sunday Sort

#1: Today was our first day in Primary. Chuck already has a little girl, Emily, in love with him. She saw him writing his name on a sign-up sheet during Primary and said "Your name is Chuck?" Five minutes later, "Chuck is a nice name." I watched her throughout his lesson and Sharing Time flirt and giggle and insist that he sits next to her - Guess I have competition! Ah yes, after many years of the singles wards, Chuck and I are full fledged members of a gigantic family ward. What an adventure.

#2: I jumped a hurdle this week and got nearly everything cleaned out of ONE of my spare bedrooms. The DI now has a collection of my old things- which was hard, but I did it!- and I now have a room to set up all things WORKOUT. Got the tredmill, the weights, a TV- fun fun. I can't wait to get back into my routine.

#3: This week was better. Like y'all may have noticed, I'd fallen apart a bit in the last few weeks. Things are looking up, I had a happy week- though my emotions are still extremely on edge- and life is good.

#4: It's SNO-CONE SEASON!!! Bring on Snowie and Snoasis. Yup. It really is the best time of the year!!!

#5: My week became extremely happy with the news that my dear friend Cy has been cast in the national tour of "Annie." Not even a month after graduation he's booked a tour. I'm so proud. And yeah, a little jealous. ;-)

#6: Some of you may think less of me for this, but the movie "Blades of Glory" has brought me a ridiculous amount of laughter in the past few weeks. It's TERRIBLE. And so so so funny. I'm not usually one to be a sucker for cheap laughs like this film throws out- but ha! I really love it. "I see you're still fat." "I see you still look like a 15 year-old girl but not hot."

#7: My husband is cute when he sleeps. Today in church I started to giggle thinking how cute he is when he's dead asleep and I'm wide awake in the mornings. It makes me smile.

#8: Despite the lost-ness I've been feeling the past few weeks, I am a very VERY blessed girl. My life is NOT hard. It's actually quite carefree and simple right now, and I am so thankful for that. Let's be honest- I get up in the morning, work out, do whatever I want, maybe do a cleaning job for my bro-in-law, make dinner... yeah. Life isn't hard. I am reminded of that every time I see someone with REAL heartache in their life. I pray for those people who I see struggling in so many ways, and know that when my life DOES get hecktic and full of REALLY tough things, I will have many people out there loving me and praying for me too.

#9: My little cousin Kallie graduates this week- which also means that as of Wednesday, I have been out of high school for TEN years. In so many ways that part of life seems AGES ago- almost so long ago that I hardly remember. But the other night I pulled out my old yearbooks and memories- good and bad- came flooding back to me. Guess it really hasn't been that long. :-) Get ready for some fun, Kallie Ann.

#10: I can now say this boy



is "Almost 30." Chuck turned 29 on Tuesday and what did I get him???



The ugliest kitty to date. Good job, Ames.

Have a happy week, y'all.

3 comments:

The Voorhees Family said...

Ummm...will Chuck be having a barbecue with that "adorable" feline? Wish him a happy birthday from us!

Kallie Olson said...

haha I love you to Amy!!! Thanks!!! :) I'm way stoked! Today is my last official day of high school.. lol and public education! Tomorrow is year book day then graduation Friday! Woot! Party party! :)

shirley said...

love it :) You have that same warped humor! Welcome to the family! ;)