Yes folks, I'm alive and well. I'm all married and stuff- and now the waiting game for our house begins. OK, so it began like a month ago- but hopefully we will be closing here in a few weeks and we'll no longer be homeless! Yippee!
Mini report on my wedding: Thanks to Brittany and the other Brittany, Travis and Nate (Check out his site to see some of our video!!!), Dawna and Hollee, and to all of my best girlfriends in the world. I could not have asked for better people to work with and to help keep me sane during the day!!! I'll write a longer report later- but just know that I was THRILLED to see so many of you who I haven't seen in years. Old friends, new friends, family- I love you all and felt so thoroughly blessed that day.

Honeymooning...
We stayed two nights at The Johnson Mill in Midway. I was bummed because when I took the above picture, they'd removed our names from the plaque. But when we got there the night before "Chuck and Amy" was written on the sign. So cute. AMAZING room, AMAZING breakfast, and great fun. GO THERE.
Then we headed to Estes Park, Colorado...
In case you need to pee while you're in the car, use this handy dandy
PORTABLE URINAL!
We stopped for dinner in Fort Collins, CO. What a charming downtown they had! LOVED IT!
(Chuck was also nice enough to not be embarrassed by his makeup-less wife that night)
11 comments:
I can not tell you how happy I feel inside when I see and hear about how happy the two of you are! You joy is so contagious and I love it! Congratulations!
Amy, you looked SO BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on getting married! You guys look so sweet and happy, best of luck! :)
Let me take this moment to be a bit of a nerd- much nerdier than any of Amy's blog followers I'm sure. Fort Collins, CO made me happy, among other reasons, because of the role it plays in Disney heritage. Disneyland's Main Street was inspired by downtown Fort Collins where designer Harper Goff grew up. He photographed it in the 50's before designing the famous Disneyland land. Fort Collins really was a lot like Disneyland (one of my favorite places ever- and a place I worked for a time back in the 90s). Goff was also Art Director of the classic movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Yep.
I'm so happy for you Amy! That's so awesome that you guys got to stay in the Johnson Mill. That's like ten minutes away from my house in Heber. So where are you guys staying until you get your house?
How cute are you guys?? :-) And your new hubby making a comment on here...even cuter. BTW you look gorgeous even with out make-up. I am SO happy for the two of you!!
I love that you think that chuck even cares if you re wearing makeup or not... he has YOU. He doesn't care.
Also, I loved the cereal pit stop, the portable urinal, and the shaving story. I MISS YOU!!!! I wish that I could have been there for the wedding, but the pictures turned out great and so I feel ok with be a vicarious spectator. :)
Chuck, you're a nerd.
Oh how I love honeymooning- I think I need to take a second one here soon.
Hannah, YOU are a nerd.
Ha ha--my parents travel with those things, ironically when I'm NOT with them. When I was little, once we took a road trip and they took the potty-training potty in the back and would stop when we had to go and we'd sit in the back of the hatchback and do our business. Of course I did it the most.
I was just thinking the other day tha I'd NEVER seen you without make-up and now that deepest wish is fulfilled. Sheesh, and you still look so beautiful. I look like a hag from hell without at least eyeliner and mascara.
So when are you having a prty in the west wing and when do we get to come and see The Small House?
Post a Comment