It was a good day. Despite the fact that I had to work all five shows on a Sunday, I must admit to the fact that I had a nice day.
#1: Babies: I am thankful for babies! I haven't met this cute little girl, Abigail Jeanne Voorhees, but I am excited for her debut into this world! Babies make families more fun, they make life more tiring and exciting, and babies bring some heaven into the lives of all us jaded adults. I love babies! Congrats Yissa, Steve, and Nate!
#2: Hot Blankies: Electric blankets are like unto divinity. I'm serious. Tonight I am reminiscing about my old electric blanket, Frank, and all the warmth he brought into my life in Rexburg, Idaho. I could use him in Orlando, Florida about now.
#3: My Charmed Life: I live a charmed life. I really do. I know I've said it before, but honestly, today as I was up on stage "doing what I do," I chuckled to myself as I pondered the fact that, there I am, doing my thing, and people are WATCHING me. People watch me and take pictures of me like I'm some kind of world wonder. I'm in photo albums and on blogs and in Facebook pictures of thousands of people. Weird. And cool.
#4: Living prophets: I LOVE the Christmas Devotional. During the years I was still in Utah I would make an effort to go to the Conference Center for this event every year. My soul was filled with the spirit as I listened to the stories of the prophet and his ward widows, as I laugh at the humanity of Elder Eyring and his family nativity, and as I sing the words of Christmas hymns. Gah- you really can't beat that.
#5: Water: Water is yummy.
#6: The Last Five Years: No, not the last five years of my life... but the musical. :-) The music is brilliant. I'm addicted. Have been for years... I've just revisited my obsession this week.
#7: My time in Hong Kong: I was offered another contract in Hong Kong this past week. While, at one time, Chuck and I thought we could work something really sweet out if this happened, we decided it's definitely NOT the best option considering our lives right now. :-) I will forever hold dear memories of that place, the people, and the things I learned and the way I grew during that time of my life. I came to understand loneliness, and became a more forgiving and compassionate person. Hong Kong changed me. I miss it.
#8: Clear Skin: I used to have HORRENDOUS acne. I'm telling you, it was AWFUL. Thank you Accutane and birth control. Because of you I have had clear skin since 2004. PLEASE LET IT STAY THAT WAY!!!!
#9: Discipline: I have it. I am going to bed now. I have three minutes to be in bed my the time I said I would. ;-)
Monday, December 08, 2008
Sunday Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
12:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So jealous of your clear skin. Mine was awesome when I was pregnant the first time. That was it. Never again. And no way do I want to be pregnant forever for the sake of clear skin and voluminous hair.
Amy -
I found your blog on Kristi's. I did not know you were getting married. That's so exciting! I'm so glad I can keep up with your blog now! It is super fun!
Amy -
I found your blog on Kristi's. I did not know you were getting married! That is awesome. I'm so glad I can keep up with your blog now. It is super fun!
It's spelled Jean :) just thought I'd let you know :) LOVE YOU!!!
I;m so happy for Melissa! YEAH!! I hope that you are well and that you are not too crazy with wedding things. I'm not. Keeping it simple is the key. Anyway, thanks for the update and you are amazing. Have a great week.
April
Post a Comment