...
...
...
...
...
I'm going on a Disney cruise! Ha ha. HA. Anyway, November 13-16 I am taking off and hitting the high seas with my friends Lindsey and Tyler. Yep. I need another vacation- And I've only been home from my last vacation for a week. So yes, I am going to take full advantage of my Disney lifestyle and get on a big boat and float around in the water for three days. Kara- I need to get on YOUR ship!!! Too bad I don't have seven days to spare right now....hmmmmmm. But for now, the three day cruise will totally do!
What else is going on? Hmmmm. Tomorrow is my eighth day of work in a row. I can't wait for Saturday when I'm off! But I've been lucky enough to be in rehearsals for a big special event (the same one I did last year in the big blue dress for those of you who remember...) and it's going really well. It's hard doing shows AND rehearsals, but whatever. I'll survive. I love singing different music and doing something other than B and B. It's grrrrrrrrrrrreat! (And I don't mind AT ALL that it only takes me ten minutes to get to the rehearsal studio!)
OH! And here's the sunshine of my week:
* Coming home from vacation was great because I got to get back into my normal eating habits. I'm not eating out several times a day! YIPPEE!
* Three months and three weeks left on my contract... but who's counting?
* I'm back in Orlando with a boy who keeps me entertained and happy. :-)
* Kensie had her one year portraits taken in an outfit I helped pick out. I LOVE THAT BABY!
* I'm driving my own car again! (For the first few days back I kept wanting to push down the clutch though... my car is automatic. That was funny...)
* The holidays are coming! I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!
* I bought a cute wallet in Utah which really has helped keep my zillions of cards in one place. Who knew changing purses could be so easy when you have a wallet to throw in there?! :-)
* I'm just thankful for who I am and the way I choose to live my life. My choices create SO much freedom in my life. Some would say my lifestyle and beliefs are restricting, but I CAN NOT testify enough how much FREEDOM living simple gospel principles gives me. I am reminded this every single day, and I am so very thankful for that knowledge.
* I've been reading the book, "Making it on Broadway: Actors' Tales of Climbing to the Top." In so many ways the stories of these actors inspire and motivate me, but more than anything, I am reminded how much MORE important it is to have a personal life. More than a big career in show business I want PEOPLE. I want a husband and kids and even a little white picket fence! Performing is amazing. It is a drive for me as a person, BUT it's not MY LIFE. I don't ever want it to become that.
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Broadway-Actors-Tales-Climbing/dp/1581153465/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224635031&sr=8-1
I think I do a pretty good job at keeping a balance, if I do say so myself. :-) (However this hasn't always been the case. I spent most of my BYU years focused on my performing life... I didn't leave any time for social things or dating... ah well... it all worked out. Ha.)
* And finally: The weather here is STUNNING right now! I love it. The temperature is perfect and there's a slight breeze and hardly any humidity. Incredible.
ALSO: I am in need of yummy, really healthy recipes. Lean meat dishes, salads, anything you've got. HELP!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
It's FINALLY Official!
Posted by
Amy
at
7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are bad. I was sure this was going to an announcement of a different sort....
I have that book and I love it. I felt much the same way the first time I read it. Motivating, inspiring, and depressing all at the same time.
I made a yummy chicken and sweet potato dish for dinner tonight. I'll email you the recipe.
I nearly called to become very upset with you and Chuck! FIY Brother/Sister-in-law and Sister/Brother-in-law should be the first to know.
You don't have to post this comment.
Also go to myfoodfriends.blogspot.com
Some of my friends and myself have this blog to share yummy recipes. Enjoy!
Dude- I almost didn't read that post because I didn't want to hear all about the engagement from a blog post. But, then I thought that you would probably do exactly as you did do- so HA! It didn't work for longer than 2 seconds.
Funny how everyone would jump to that conclusion, it didn't even pop into my mind hahaha! But I am running on hardly any sleep, and I'm just really frustrated and angry right now (which is probably why I didn't think of it), so I decided to read your sunshine. You are so cute! I love you!
I read that book as well, I agree, it was inspiring but sad at how wrapped up and jaded some people can get.
Post a Comment