Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Breathing Again

I'm still on Utah time. I should go to bed. BUT I don't have to work till like 3:00 tomorrow. So who cares, right?

Well, it's all over. I had an amazing and wonderful trip to Utah, and truthfully, if I had the choice, I'd have stayed much longer and spent time with the rest of the people I really wanted to see (Laurel, Michelle, Tara, Melissa, Seidi, Kevin, Jeff... the list goes on and on...) BUT tonight I'm snapped back into the reality that my life is here in Florida. I have a bedroom. I have roommates. I have a closet. I have a boy who was super cute to come home to, and I have responsibilities in the ward and at work. Time to get back to it all. And I can do it. Yep. I can!

Y'all know the struggle I've been having with my professional life and the monotony of it all. I have mixed feelings about being back. Today I had a twinge of excitement to get back on the stage again- so that was a GREAT sign, but I also can't help but think about how there are four more months left on my contract. (ACTUALLY, my contract is up four months from TODAY!) There's still a big hill to get over, and I am praying to do it joyfully and to make a difference in the lives of the people I work with. I have been sooooo blessed with this job and with the people I have met here in Orlando- there's no need to want to rush through the tail end of the experience!

So here I am. Rejuvenated and refocused. Ready to go back to callings and work and eating healthy and working out. Ready to go back to "a dates" once a week, ready to go back to my swimming pool and keeping the house clean. Ready for the monotony of dancing cutlery and ready to bring some happiness to the lives of my coworkers. I still miss my family and friends. I miss the people who know me so well and who I know love me. This is all a recent development in my life... ha ha... I used to have no qualms about leaving Utah and change and whatever else. But I've grown attached to my roots. Weird how getting older has done that to me...

Fittingly, this post is titled "Breathing Again." I feel much better than I did a few weeks ago. I'm breathing and enjoying things again. Life is good.

And before I go to bed... I, of course, must post more Kensie pics...


Shoe shopping! I needed a pic of her in her winter hat!


Sucking on Nana's hoodie. YUM!


I DO NOT WANT TO BE A BUTTERFLY FOR HALLOWEEN, PEOPLE!


And this is me and Matt. My cousin. He grew up some time between May and now. I feel old.

6 comments:

April said...

Wow! He has grown up. I havent' seen him in 6 months...times do change. Here is a shout out..."You can do it...Amy fire it Up!!
GOGOGOG AMMMMYYYYY.
that should help for the next 4 months...okay maybe the next 4 minutes.
April

Kristy said...

I am glad you had a great time and it did you some good. Think of it this way... I wish my pregnancy was over in 4 months! Atleast you have less than 26 weeks. :)

Trever and Heather said...

What THE???? I thought Matt was like 3 years old still...

Kallie Olson said...

lol Yours and Matts eye color looks really really similar! Yeah, he is big.. It's weird to think at the beginning of this year I was taller than him.... :( haha oh well, I'm still taller than Ryan, who knows for how much longer though!

Emily Moffat said...

Amy!
Glad you had fun in Utah! And glad you enjoyed the snow. Girl, I would trade you places in a heartbeat. But like you, I prefer to focus on the positive, or at least attempt to. After all, we are not a fork. It could be worse.

Joella said...

I'm glad you had fun in Utah! Good luck with the next four months! You can do it! :)