
Can't lie... it was a pretty rough week. OK- HONESTLY it was NOT terrible- my life here is so simple and carefree that nothing could really make it TERRIBLE. BUT I just had a tough time with the monotony that comes with my work. In so many ways I feel like I am suffocating artistically... I HATE that feeling. Right now I would do anything to be in rehearsals for a full length, fabulous musical. Sigh. Anyway, this week I just felt like at any moment I was going to lose my mind. Apparently it's time for a vacation. The next six weeks can't go by fast enough...
Anyway- the happies of my week included:
* Church- I love church. I needed it so badly today, and I am so thankful that for three hours a week I can go to church and feel the spirit, strengthen my testimony, and gear myself up for the week to come. Today we had a beautiful lesson on modern day revelation and the prophet. I was reminded how amazing it was, at this last conference, to witness the solemn assembly as we sustained President Thomas S. Monson as the president of the Church. What an incredible experience.
* All week I've been nibbling on the leftover frosting and Teddy Grahams from last week's road trip. YUMMY! Not GOOD for me, but it sure is delicious!
* Biggest Loser workout video progress: Tomorrow begins week #3. As one reader says, "it will kick your trash." (I agree) Ha ha. I am nervous to add on another ten minutes tomorrow. But BRING IT ON!
* Chuck is in the other room arguing with my roommate about Disney stuff... it has become a Sunday tradition. How great is it that he is so passionate about what he does? I just sit back here and blog... hee hee.
* I thoroughly cleaned my room yesterday. Ah- I love the little haven that is my bedroom. I want my house to be as great as my bedroom. Yeah.
TANGENT:
* Chuck wants to change out of his Sunday clothes. But as he says, "Not in front of yooooou."
Back to happies...
* SOPHIE CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! She looks as good as new... except for the greasy man fingerprints that the workers left on her interior. Hmph. But I love my Sophie. For the almost two weeks that she was being operated on, I had a lovely Toyota 4Runner named Johnny. I was a soccer mom without the soccer or the mom. (Chuck is now done arguing with my roommate and told me that this part about Sophie sounds really wrong... but duh, everyone on here knows Sophie is my car...)
* Chuck wants a kitty REALLY bad now. I have convinced him by making him watch these videos over and over again.
* The trees outside my bedroom window look pretty right now.
* I did all my laundry yesterday. It took all day long. but now everything is so clean! I love the smell of fresh laundry.
* Have I ever expressed on here how much I LOVE Target? What a great store!
* The LHS '98 reunion was this weekend and I saw some pictures thanks to Amber. How crazy it is to see some of these folks ten years later. Some have not changed at all, but others... well, others have a little less hair. Ha ha.
* Tomorrow begins a new week. I'm almost recharged enough to start it. :-)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Sunday Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
No "magic tricks" until you get married...
So I just realized that the last comment may sound bad to people who don't know- so let's just add that it came from a VERY sheltered 14 year old's mind.
So, thanks to you, I am now on week 2 of that video. Holy cow!!! It kicks my butt!!! But I'm very glad I followed your recommendation. I'll be in the pain with you. :)
And as for some people in the pics not having as much hair as they used to...I can't imagine who you mean....:) I'll tell you one thing though, he's still pretty amazing!
Dude, I tagged you at my blog. Although, you may have done this before. If so, sorry. You are more proficient at the blogging thing than I.
lol!! Those cat videos totally remind me of Skeeter! Ha funny funny! :)
Hey! Is that you I see dressed as Belle on the commercial advertising for Disneyland? Just curious! :) Love reading your blog. I have also been staying up WAY too late to watch the Olympics. I'm kinda glad they are over so now I may actually get some sleep.
The video's are funny - because it's true! ROFLOL!
Post a Comment