
Not gonna lie- the monotony of my job has been eating away at me the last few weeks. I work hard to keep a positive outlook and attitude, but there are some days where I honestly just might lose my mind if I hear a certain "come to dinner!" song again. Shake it off, Amy... the weekend always comes. :-)
It's been SUCH a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I needed it desperately.
Anyway- so here's my happiness of today and the past week:
* I've had a wonderful experience in sharing the gospel in the past couple weeks. I feel so lucky to be able to share what I know with the people around me.
* We had the most beautiful rainfall today as Chuck and I drove home from Break the Fast. It wasn't the regular downpour that we experience every day around 4 PM here in FL, but just a light, soothing type rain. I LOVED it!
* I found the blog of my dear high school (and junior high) friends April and Dustin today. I lost contact with them back in 2002 and found them as I searched the LHS '98 blog. Good stuff there on that blog. Geez, next year it will be my Class of '99 doing something like that. Has it really almost been TEN YEARS? I remember when I couldn't even REMEMBER ten years ago... now I remember it like it was yesterday. Does that mean I'm getting old?
* I have been cast in Disney's 20+ awards show again this year. Knowing this really made my week! I love doing events outside of Roaring Monster Land.
* Sophie's going to the car hospital tomorrow. I get a rental. I think I'll go road tripping on their mileage. :-)
* Today I made a pretty darn good pasta salad for Break the Fast. And last night I made some good spaghetti and steamed green beans. Yummy. I am getting good at being domestic.
* Chuck puts up with me acting like an idiot. He's so nice. Now see, to most of you "acting like an idiot" would mean that I am acting hormonal, irrational, mean, PMSey, yada yada yada... NO, for :-) I'm thankful that I can bring childlike wonder back into his life. Ha ha. Anyway, I always write about the silly things he does (he did wear my high heels today...), but I fail to mention all the things I put HIM through. And I will continue to fail mentioning them... hee hee.
* Season 5 of The Office starts in only a month and a half and a little bit! So what if it's closer to two months.... I AM EXCITED. The plan is to reinstate Office night here at my house at the beginning of September, re watch Season 4, and be ready and waiting with pizza in hand when Season 5 starts on SEPTEMBER 25. And because I like spoilers:
http://www.officetally.com/the-office-season-5-spoilers
* Chuck sent his portfolio to a Mouse park in a foreign land where I used to work. That could be fun...
* I went swimming Saturday morning. Me, alone.... it was WONDERFUL. I love my pool.
* Shabby Apple's fall line is now on their website. I still like my Antiqued dress the best. :-)
* A few weeks ago I found these new pen-like SHARPIES. I LOVE Sharpies and now they have good pen-like ones for journal writing! YAY!
*My cousin Bryce gets married on Tuesday. Who ever thought my kid cousin would get married before me? Thoughts like this seem to happen a lot in my life lately. Hee.
* And last but not least- 52 weeks ago today I walked into the Buena Vista Ward here in Florida and Chuck decided to be in like with me. Ha ha ha.
Happy August to y'all!!!
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Sunday Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Amy, this is Wendy one of your step sisters.? I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog now. I don't mean to be corny or anything, but I love your blog. I think your post are always inspiring, seriously. Anyway, I hope your week goes by fast, so that you can have an awesome weekend next week! Oh and by the way my girls LOVE the singing you tube stuff that you put on here:)
Amy....I have to have those Sharpie pens. Thanks for mentioning them so I now know they are made!
Hi!!!! It's been forever since I checked out your blog and I've had so much fun tonight catching up! It sounds like you're doing awesome and kicking butt being the most beautiful princess in the world!!!! I can't believe we only lived together for one school year cause I miss you and your funny sense of humor! Catch me up some more when you get a chance!
Love ya!
Kelli
So I should probably go to bed.. hehe my parents will be ticked if they catch me ;) but yeah! I'm going to Provo tomorrow to hear Lindz sing.. and my bday is this week, I think you should buy me presents ;) or just give me money, I think I could live with that! lol love ya! :)
Post a Comment