Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday Sunshine



* I love puddles. Here in Florida puddles are everywhere. I love driving in them. I love jumping in them. I just love puddles.

* I am conducting an experiment. As of yesterday, I started driving 55 mph - which ironically is the speed limit on my most traveled road- to see whether or not is really DOES save gas. As of yesterday, gas prices here rose to $4.02/gallon. I've had it! I am ready to buy myself a cute little pink Vespa to drive around Disney. Ha. But anyway, I am going to find out if going 55 on C.R. 535 will indeed, save me gas. I normally go about 70-75 on that road, so we'll see if this helps!

But the point of me telling y'all this is : In the 24 hours that I have been participating in this experiment, I have learned something great that has NOTHING to do with the fact that I could be saving my precious gas. Because I know I will only be driving 55 mph, I leave earlier when I need to be somewhere, I drive at a decent pace with no need to be on the lookout for cops, and I have time to, if you will, "stop and smell the roses." It is truly amazing how I feel no stress on a road that I am usually frantically trying to conquer. Life is MUCH more enjoyable like this. Ahhhhhh.

* Kensie learned to wave "bye bye" a couple days ago. Love her.

* I have a project underway... it is going to be fantastic. Next Sunday I will be able to post pictures of the finished cuteness. Yay.


NOT PART OF SUNDAY SUNSHINE:

* To any family members who may be speculating about my trip home in October: Sorry to disappoint you folks, but I will NOT be announcing a wedding that will take place that week. I am way too high maintenance in the world of wedding to ever do something like that. Ha ha. Anyway- just thought I'd clear that up since rumors have been flying...

4 comments:

Emily Moffat said...

I like this Sunday Sunshine! I'm so glad you're driving experiment is going well. My commute to and from work is by far the most stressful part of my day. This might not be a bad thing to try!

Kristy said...

I once was perstering a friend for driving extremely slow (under the speed limit) and they told me that driving slower lowers your blood pressure... Hum, maybe yours, but not your passengers, and definitely not the drivers around you! but hey, maybe driving the speed limit will not only save you gas, but a ticket as well!

Anonymous said...

Ok, whatever, you are just crazy ;) ;) and yes, rumors are flying, and I didn't start them ok! lol! Hey, I think I know what your project is too! :)
:D Kallie :D

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA! I love the end! Love, Yiss!