Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tales of a Utah Girl Trying to Become Floridian


Ah- the glories of having a day off. Happy. Yup.

So today I took a jaunt over to the Drivers License Division to get my Florida license. Anyone that knows me is aware that I DID not want to do this- but after a girl in my cast got arrested for not having her car registered in Florida, and for not having a FL license, I have finally given in and decided that the consequences of NOT having that done FAR outweigh the personal satisfaction I get from still officially being a UTAHN.

My experience at the DLD? Weeeelllllllllllllllllllllll I got "Hey Girrrrrrrrrl"ed at by two truckers at the local gas station as I frantically looked for an ATM so I could pay CASH for my new license (WHO DOESN'T TAKE CARDS THESE DAYS????), I met a guy name DeVon.. ("You have stunning blue eyes. Wow. You're just gorgeous. Wow. Beautiful. Are you taken?" YES. I was the only non-ethnic person in the building (That comment is not meant to sound bad, but I tell ya... it was something I have never experience before... well, besides Hong Kong...), ANYWAY- and I was chased down in my car by two teen aged boys who were trying to flirt with me. I am SOOOO into 16 year old boys... sheesh. Needless to say, this little Utah girl just wanted to move BACK to Utah after this day. It was actually highly entertaining. I'm always so independent and whatever, but days like today remind me how sheltered I really am. And I like it that way. Ha. And one more thought... why can't I just be ugly??? HA HA HA.

On an "up" note: Florida is GORGEOUS. Today I was on roads I've never been on and wow... it's just so green and pretty and WARM (87 degrees today...). The big puffy white clouds just meander on by ... it's all just very relaxing.

Oh yeah- AAAAANNNNNNNNNNND I am planning a trip for my mom and I in the Florida Keys this summer. I NEED A VACATION.

Oh yeah again... THE OFFICE IS BACK ON TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Luckily I haven't had to get an Illinois license, (I would be the only white girl there, plus, I'd have 2 kids with me), but I'll stay tuned for a Virginia one.

Life outside of Utah really is an eye-opener. And, surprisingly, now I love it!

Kristy said...

Ok, the "blog stalker" found you! ha ha, when Chuck told me you knew Mike and Heidi I went on to their blog, to find yours haha. We are excited to come to Florida in 5 weeks and meet you!

Amber said...

Hey! I just watched you on BYU channel 11 as Mary Poppins! :) That was kinda crazy. I was flipping back and forth between Without a Trace and this show featuring the Young Ambassadors in China. Well, when I flipped back to 11- HELLO!! I KNOW that girl! :) You did a great job but your bonnet was totally bugging me and I wished you could have taken it off cause it looked like it was going to FALL off. :) But besides that it was fun to watch. Oh, it was the Roof Top song with the chimney sweeps. :)

Carrie and Tyson said...

Bahaha! That's funny and sad. Who would have thought you would have to deal with those kind of males in the U.S. of A.?

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

So when I went to change my license to Florida from Utah I had to come back 3 different times because they kept telling me I needed different paper work because Utah isn't very strict with Licenses. Seriously, this state needs new DMV's.

Raymond said...

I fit right in here in CALI when I went to DMV as an ethnic person! :) But at the same time I felt a part of me died when I traded my UT license and plates for the CA ones... :(