
I will admit that my excitement for winter weather will last all of five minutes- or less- but yay! I am excited to see some significant snow for the first time in almost two years! I love snow. It's pretty. I hate the cold that comes along with the snow- but ya know- when I know I don't have to deal with it for too long, I can just sit back and enjoy.
Kensie's blessing in on Sunday. I fully intend on cuddling, hogging, and even fighting for the attention of that baby. Everyone else there will be people who see her all the time. SHE'S MINE FOR THE WEEKEND! :-) Hee.
So I am trying to get a start on this piano thing. Now here's the problem: I am WAY too ADHD for the adult piano books. When I was in college I had to take a few classes, and little did I know that every so often our teachers would secretly listen in on our playing as we practiced during class. (THAT'S what she was doing with those headphones on... dang digital pianos...) ANYWAY- I would practice for all of, oh, a minute, and then I would sit there like a kid whose mom is trying to make him eat peas at the dinner table. I would whine in my head- which would eventually turn into me plucking away randomly at the keyboard. Quickly this plucking would evolve into what I used to do as a child- POUND POUND POUND RANDOMNESS AS LOUD AS I CAN until my mom would scream for me to stop. I was a smart one, you know? Unfortunately, this method didn't work in college...hmmm. Anyway, after weeks of doing this, my teacher finally came up to me one day and said, "Amy, is everything ok in your life?" HA.
Anyway- I have decided to start with the piano books I used as a kid... you know those Alfred ones with the toothy pianos on the cover? "Hi Kids! Piano playing is fun... just look at me!" But I am really thinking this will bring the best results for my little HYPER brain. :-) We'll see.
I love my life. Today I don't work till 3. Ha. Life is good. I work for three hours and come home. Tonight I wanna go see the movie 27 Dresses... yay for fun.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Two Days Till SNOW!
Posted by
Amy
at
12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good luck with that.
I want to know if 27 dresses is good, since I didn't go see it last weekend with my mom, not wanting to pay $8.
Ha, yeah I've seen those piano books around which is funny because I never played piano, its all violin for me! :) You're cute, I wanna see that show! My friends saw it, but I had to work, it stunk.. Can't wait to see you this weekend! YAY!!! Love ya!
Hey Amy- they have a book- I'm pretty sure by the same author but I'm too lazy to go look- that is for the Adult learner. Yeah, I know, thinking of ourselves as adults seems a stretch but you might check them out where you are back here. The book is silver and it just condenses everything so it doesn't take quite as long. Leave me a comment if you want the title- if you want it then I'll NOT be lazy and find it for you- it's in my books somewhere. :)
Hi Amy! Having taught from these very books for about 4 years I can recommend them! I always loved teaching from them, and still use them to review theory and stuff for me. Good luck!
I teach both my adult and child piano students out of those books. Whatever works!
*if you ever need a lesson from someone who's learned to be patient with the slowness of the adult brain... gimme a call! ;)
Post a Comment