Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Christmas to All... and to All a Good Night.

Should I be awake? Nope. Should I be snuggled in my bed dreaming of sugar plums and a fat old guy who comes into my house through a chimney? Yep. Am I? No.

I love Christmas. This year was so different in so many ways, but wow- it was so good. My life is filled with INCREDIBLE people and blessings and opportunities that I can NEVER give enough thanks to my Heavenly Father for. The last few days have allowed me to really reflect on all these blessings and on the Savior, and again, WOW, I have no words. Life is beautiful.

Now onto the short version of the craziness:

1. I became domestisized this holiday. I, Amy Diane Shreeve, roasted a TURKEY. Not only did I ROAST the turkey, but it came out perfectly, and best of all, none of the 17 people who ate it died! No one even got SICK! I AM DOMESTIC. Amazing.

2. I am tired. My mind has gone blank.

3. Thanks for all the presents and loves from people.

4. My niece is ridiculously cute. I love her.

5. Thanks to Aubrey who enjoyed rubbing my face in the snow that so delightfully fell in her front yard on Christmas Eve. Ha ha. (So fun to talk to you for a little while the other night!)

6. Steve the Christmas tree still lives.

7. Not only did I make a turkey, but I also made a fabulous "Stuffed French Toast Casserole" for breakfast this morning. Who knew that all it takes to cook is a recipe!! (Am I REALLY 26 and just figuring this out?? THAT'S what happenes when you're single for a long time, I tell ya!)

8. Pictures and whatever else later. I have to go rejuvinate myself with sleep so I can be prepared to prance and sing tomorrow at that job I have. LOVES. And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Taylor Thompson said...

Stuffed French Toast Casserole? That sounds tasty! I need that recipe! :)

And yes, the snow is fun because of Christmas, but at least you don't have to drive in it! It's SCARY!

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Mrs. Egg said...

merry christmas, i am glad you had a good one! you cooked a turkey. i have never done that i would think it would be scary.