Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Attack of the Gummy Bears at the Golden Spoon on Harrison


When I was a kid I took dance classes. A LOT of dance classes (you'd never know it considering the awkwardness of my dancing now... SIGH). Yes, I took lessons from three different studios at one point- but my favorite was BALLET WEST at the Weber State campus. Why?

Golden Spoon. What seemed like often, my mom would take me and my dancing car pool-ey, Amber Owens (who actually gave me mono in the third grade when we shared a drink...) to Golden Spoon after our dance lessons. Every time I would order yogurt with gummy bears mixed into it. This quickly became known as "Attack of the Gummy Bears!" (But that doesn't really make sense since I was the one chomping on THEM, right?) Anyway, I would devour the gummy bears, my mom would make voices, and we would giggle hysterically. I remember wondering sometimes if Amber thought we were weird. Ha ha.

Maybe this is why I associate gummy bears with tutus and tights.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Interesting that you would post this. I was just having a discussion the other day with someone who insisted that Golden Spoon never existed in Utah. I finally let her win the argument, but I knew I was right! Thanks for validating me. :)