Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Life of a Professional Princess

All is well here in Florida. After five days of working, learning the whole show, and FINALLY getting the quirks I've dealt with (in regards to the Disney company) worked out, I am finally getting settled here in Florida. THANK HEAVEN. I am still in desperate need of friends and people to hang out with, date, etc., BUT I am thankful that right now I have a great job, a house to live in (just not a ROOM yet... ha ha), and my car.

I started rehearsals on Tuesday. By Wednesday I had the entire show learned, and it's to the point now that the dance captains don't know what to do with me because I am not scheduled to open in the show until Wednesday. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I end up working about four hours a day, but still get paid for eight. I love my life. :-) Hee. The show is cute, and nothing beats the moment, during the finale, when the curtain swishes open and there I stand in my gold dress. The entire audience "AWWWWWWS" and erupts in applause. Hee. So much fun. I just have to laugh that this is my JOB. Granted, SHOW AFTER SHOW of the same things DOES get tedious... but gosh- I love that I get paid to do this. Pretty dang cool. I LOVE MY JOB. The people are great and it's just a fun experience. Good times, good times.

For a long time I was homeless. THAT WAS NOT COOL. I stayed in hotels for the first few nights I was here, but not wanting to waste my relocation money on hotels, I decided to crash on the couch of my old BYU-Idaho friend, Amy. After a week of my crashing there, one of the roomies decided that she was going to move to Utah in two weeks... so as fate (and blessings) would have it, there was now space for me in the house. Again, THANK HEAVEN. Being homeless and living out of a suitcase is NOOOOOOOOT fun. Nope.

I used to do this when I was in Hong Kong, but I find it appropriate to make known my observations on this area of the USA that we call Orlando:

* People honk their horns. They don't do that in Utah- except in extreme situations.
* Downtown Orlando is scary. Was that a gang sign that guy just flashed at me? Hmm.
* U turns are the most made traffic move here. I can't tell you how many times a day I use this city's convenient U turn system. :-)
* Always keep at least 75 cents with you in the car... you never know when you're going to accidentally run into a toll road. Hee.
*I feel like driving around with a Utah license plate magnifies the mistakes I make as a driver here. I am still learning how to drive in this place, and wow- when I do something stupid, I feel REALLY stupid because my license plate is screaming "I'm a BYU girl from Utah!"
* There is a great sandwich plate in Downtown Disney. Basically I am obsessed... Earl of Sandwich. Yum.
* It's HOT. I have never sweat so much in my life. Hong Kong was TERRIBLE humidity wise- but I don't think it ever got as HOT there as it does here. I am not kidding- I lost like five pounds this week just from sweating so much. I am sweating so much that it's like the equivalent of going to the gym 5+ times per day!
* I hear at least five different languages per day. People from all over the world come here! Fun!

So that's the update. Someday I will get pictures up so y'all can SEE what I am doing here. So fun... good times. :-) Anyway, love to everyone. Life is beautiful.

3 comments:

Brad said...

Professional Princess...now there's a great resume topper! How many people can claim that?!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I told you that the humidity and heat together is a bear. I'm glad that we are going in September to see you. Can't wait.
Do We get a discount!!!!!! if we come see you

Anonymous said...

Yay! I want to go! And see pics.. and go! lol I'm getting my license tomorrow/turning 16 (FINALLY!) :) MWhahahahahaha :P I hear 2 dif languages a day if that counts for anything.. sometimes 3 or 4 if I start trying to say something in French haha! Did you know Mom quit? yeah.. I've been busy today with cleaning my room and bathroom and working on my essay and semi working on my AP US. I miss you! Love ya!