
So in case you can't tell, that's me wrapped up in the pretty little white comforter. (I should have draped used Kleenexes all over the couch for effect...) Welcome to my life of the last week-and-a-half. :-) OK- well, I haven't been on the couch like this CONSTANTLY- just when I've been at home. The rest of the time I've been working in spite of feeling this way. Crazy times.
My mom and grandma left here on the 22nd. We had a great time here in Hong Kong and I loved having my apartment filled with people- it made me happy. BUT I think I got to the point where I overdid it and my body's been rebelling ever since. But OH WELL! Like I said, LOVED having people here, but I won't lie- the night after they left I cranked up my music, took a LOOONG bubble bath, and RELAXED like I never have before. :-) Life is good.
Here's the latest: I FLY INTO SALT LAKE CITY AT 1:55 PM ON SUNDAY, APRIL 1. Do you all realize how SOON that is? Kind of freaks me out- I am SUPER excited to get back to normal life... but I have loved so much about everything here. I will miss people like crazy- and it will just seem SO weird to me that I am leaving behind this whole little life that I have created the past seven months here in Hong Kong. This whole experience has definitely made the world seem like a smaller place to me. It will be strange to be at home thinking, "Hey, it's 5 PM in Hong Kong right now... the 5:00 Golden Mickeys show is starting !" I'll wonder all about whatever everyone here is doing and yada yada... it will be weird because now this place is SUCH a part of me. The strangest thing is knowing that I will never see most of these people again. It weirds me out. Sigh. I miss them already. ANYWAY...
With all this time laying around and trying to get myself healthy again, I've had plenty of time to think about the many different things I'll do when I get home. The latest inspiration of my floating thoughts is that I want to dye my hair when I get home. A chocolate/caramel blend color. Yeah. And I can't stop thinking about the car I am gonna buy and the food I am gonna eat. On top of all this hair dying and car buying I'll be rehearsing for a show that opens 17 days after I get home. I have been cast as Millie in the West Valley Hale's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. I am SUPER excited about it because I will be working with Andrea, my old roomie (She'll be playing Millie in the other cast), Jeff Stevens (who I graduated BYU with), and my friend Michelle who was in Crazy For You with me last summer! I honestly can not comprehend how much fun it will be to be around all those people again! I feel the 21 year old, social butterfly Amy emerging from her cocoon for the first time since 2002. WATCH OUT WORLD! (Seriously, it's a weird thought. I have played Miss Antisocial for several years now... school, YA's, work.. yada yada... I put a social life on the back burner).
In four weeks I won't have this really great job anymore... sniffle. So what's next on the agenda? Working at the chiropractor again? Nope nope... I think I'll work at a kiosk in the mall, you know, put that BFA to good use! Ha! No, I have no idea what will come next, but that's the fun of it all. Did I ever think I'd be in Hong Kong? Nope, definitely not. But here I am, and it's almost over. Weird.
I think there's a fire alarm going off in one of the towers next to me... hmmmm. Exciting!
Anyway, so that's the latest from Amy the Chinese Girl. Hope all is happy at home and wherever you are.
Saturday, March 03, 2007
With One Month Left...
Posted by
Amy
at
12:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I enjoyed reading your comments. It is funny. I DO know you well!!! (But that is because I'm your Mom!!) I knew that is exactly how you would react after we left!!! We had lots of fun with you, and even though we hated to leave, we were all worn out, and you and I were Both sick!!! Now at work I have earned the nickname "Hong Kong Fluooey"
I certainly understand how hard it will be to leave that fun job and all the wonderful people you met. And as for your future??? Who knows. A year ago, you never dreamed you would be back in Hong Kong!! I have no doubt that your future is bright!! In the meantime, you have "Millie" and your social life!!!!! - Mom
APRIL 1ST!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I was talking to Lindz last night at the cabin for youth conference, and I mentioned you'd be coming home way soon and she was like... crazy! then she said I never thought I'd miss her so much! We all miss you! Maybe we can all go to the airport! :D I can't wait!!! Oh, youth conference was way fun! We went tubbing and cross country skiing at Soldier Hollow! I'm soooooo sore!!! And my face is slightly sunburned.. haha! Love ya!!!
Too bad Dix and Rexie aren't there to give you potions of "feel good medicine" that they bought from some cracked up street vendor with no teeth. Surely you'd feel better... can't wait to see your face!
Post a Comment