Sunday, December 10, 2006

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2006

My time here is Hong Kong is officially HALF WAY through.
It seems impossible (AND extremely POSSIBLE), but today marks the "HALF WAY" point of my little adventure here in Hong Kong. 16 weeks from right now I'll be back in Utah doing...something. No idea WHAT, but I will be back with friends and family that I miss lots and lots. I'll also have a cute little Mazda6 to "Zoom Zoom Zoom" around town in. Hee hee.

But enough of the "in sixteen weeks" thing. I still have sixteen wonderful weeks to experience this great (but polluted) land and culture. I learn and enjoy things more and more every day, and most of all, I like the changes that this experience has brought about in ME as a person. I love the fierce sense of independence I have here, but I am also grateful for the sense of DEPENDENCE it's allowed me to feel for the people back home. 7000+ miles is a LONG way to be away from the people that I love, BUT as much as I love y'all (AND REALLY WANT YOU TO COME VISIT ME), I'll spend the NEXT 16 weeks living up life here in Hong Kong- loving my job, loving my apartment, loving all the people I work with and get to associate with at church... Yeah...
Life Is Beautiful

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Then we'll go get sno cones! :D

Kathy Ng said...

Hi there Amy, This is Kathy, I went to Disney last week and did join the Disney play, and i think i saw u there act as Belle. u're so cute! i was going to take a picture for u, but sad that i can't cuz they do not allow flesh, i think i will go again this Friday, see if i have a chance to see u there. so happy to be your little fans on that day, and wish to see u again! :)

Anonymous said...

by the way, I am President of the Institute of Religion Council. Remember?? i've send u email and invite u to join our activities before??!!!