Friday, November 24, 2006

Amy the "Day-After-Thanksgiving Freak"... and Other STUFF of Lately.

The day after Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year. It's the day I LOVE crowds, I LOVE the cold, I LOVE spending money and shopping, AND I just love the whole ATMOSPHERE!!! YES YES! Well, it's not even close to the same here in Hong Kong, but I had a GREAT day shopping for a decorating my apartment for the holidays! I have to say, though, that putting up the Christmas tree with the AC on is a little oxy-moron-ish. :-) Anyway, I found a cute little 4 foot tree for under $10, and I got lots of lights and tinsel and EVERYTHING. It was lots and lots of fun. Oh yeah- and the snowflakes... I needed snowflakes.

This was my splurge for the season. It's a little Hong Kong Disneyland Christmas tree. A keepsake. I figure I needed something to bring home from my Christmas in Hong Kong. :-) And I got 40% off. Hee hee. I love employee discounts! :-)


My tree looks like it's wearing a coat.


So lately I have been coming out of my shell at work. It happened all of a sudden one day last week. It's weird how I do that. Hmmm. Anyway, so now I am my normal crazy and entertaining self with all the cast members at work. I am very good at making the locals and Phillipinos laugh. :-) Here is my "Soccer Mom" wig with the way I restyled it. I had the whole cast and tech crew and costumers cracking up. I like it. Hee hee.


Dang, I wish this pic was lighter. If anyone has editing capabilities would you lighten it for me and send it? Hee hee. OK, this is RANDOM. But this was part of my Thanksgiving. I had dinner with a family from the Branch, and they had this massage chair. HAPPY AMY. I look like I am getting some kind of medical procedure done...


PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!!!!!! EVERYWHERE!!!! This is Mong Kok... the best part about this day is that I was out wandering around and all of a sudden I recognized where I was- from a pic I have of YA tour. (Since I've been here I have wondered where all we were on that tour... I have NO IDEA!) Anyway, it made me happy. And nostalgic. And I missed the YA's. Sigh.


This is how bus drivers drive in Hong Kong. :-) I am on the upper deck of my bus, and OH- YES, that is the bus in front of us. ADVENTURE! :-)



This is for Raymond or Chad Little... WHAT IN THE WORLD DO ALL THESE PEOPLE DO UNDER THE HSBC BUILDING IN CENTRAL EVERY SUNDAY?!?!?!? There are thousands of them just hanging out there when I ride the bus home from church... (I wish I had a better pic... the numbers of people are astounding- considering they seem to be doing absolutely nothing...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Amy, have I ever just told you how much I adore you?! haha! Fashion Place was the only mall open from midnight till whenever the colsed today, Lindz had to work a shift from midnight to 8 AM, sad huh! So she missed the very end of Thanksgiving night.. not that we did anything at 11:30 when she left. There was a line of 200 people waiting outside for it to open! And she said it took 20 min to walk from one side of the mall to the other, I can't picture fashion place that packed! You're pic reminded me of that :P hee hee! LOVE YA AMY!

Anonymous said...

Here it is the answer to your question: the Queen Statue Square in downtown Central is the hub for the 140,000+ Filippino domestic helpers to hang out on their days off, especially on Sundays. I was lucky enough to serve among them on my mission (Chad did as well). We would go there on Sundays to talk to them while they were partying, singing, dancing, worshipping, bible bashing, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff. I was once fed by one of them a half hatched duck egg ! You should go there yourself sometime and wander around this little Philippines. Don't let them know you are Belle though, otherwise they would attack you like the monkeys on monkey mountain!!! Happy holidays! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for your comment about my kids. It sounds like you're having a great time in Cathay. I forgot your email address and I can't find which email address of mine you last sent it to, so please drop me a line. I gots something to send you.

Anonymous said...

It took me a good 15 - 20 seconds to realize that the massage chair wasn't a device set up by the Red Cross.

I'm glad you had fun shopping and decorating. Your apartment looks great!

The hanging snowflakes remind me of the musical notes that used to hang from the ceiling of Colonial House #304.

Moment of silence ...