Today I took a trip to Tuen Mun to pick up some packages at the post office- or "The Post" as Terrah Conrad and I called it in West Yellowstone. :-) Terrah had sent me TWO packages- and OH MY GOSH! One was chucked full of Halloween candy... happy happy, and the other was full of GREAT church/missionary materials. I have the bestest friends in the world! THANK YOU TERRAH! I had to take a pic of me with my candy. I love candy. Yes yes. I love candy.

Today I also visited Victoria's Peak- my favorite place in Hong Kong. When I was here with YA's it was by far my favorite place. It is absolutely STUNNING. Today was really hazy, but it is still quite the sight. :-) I LOVE IT! On the ride up I took the tram- where, a guy from Utah just happened to be sitting in front of me. He's from Sandy and on business here for a few days. HA! Who knew that today I would meet another Utahn, and another Mormon... they ARE out there! Hee hee. He showed me a good trail to walk on up at The Peak, and we just talked for awhile. It was fun to see someone from home!

Going to "The Peak" today made me sentimental with YA memories...
The YA's sharing an FHE with Hong Kong members (April 2005)Yet MORE observations on HK:
* People on the bus and MTR will always fall asleep on top of you. Ha ha. Seriously, everyone sleeps on public transportation here and well, I like their heads on my shoulder. :-) Hee hee!
* People here are blunt. I had noticed this many times before, but today on the ride to Tuen Mun I didn't know exactly where I was going and this nice guy helped me out and told me which stop to get off at and whatever. Anyway, we got talking (I couldn't understand him very well, his English wasn't the best) and he asked if I were Christian. I told him yes, I am a Mormon. His response? "The Mormon church isn't true." Blunt.
* The world isn't so big after all. :-) I met a guy from Sandy, Utah today in Hong Kong. I'm not THAT far away! :-) Hee hee.

3 comments:
Cool pics! Oh, apparently Nathan is starting to smile, my dad has a trick with him that makes him smile everytime, but he won't tell us what it is, it's "Grandpa's little secret". But I myself have never seen him smile! I'll take pics for ya! :D
That's the trail with the dedication date carved in the stone, I bet.
Hey!!! You fixed the crooked picture! lol Dad will be proud ;)
Post a Comment