Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hong Kong Sunsets


The sunsets here in Hong Kong- from my window- are stunning, BUT they confuse me. It's weird because the sun gets low in the sky, but it doesn't disappear behind the horizon. It just gets to a certain level and fades away. WEIRD! I watched carefully tonight to try and figure it out, but I have no idea. Any of you smart science/planet people know the answer of WHY? It is beautiful (even if the brilliant color is caused, as called in something I read, by "choking pollution." )



Can I also just say that I don't know how, by looking at amazing things like this, anyone can deny the existence of a God. That's all. :-) Be happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to Wikipedia and look up sunsets. I think that should answer your question. Peace!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the existence of a God. :)

Brooke said...

I was curious too, so I looked up Wikipedia, but it didn't offer any solutions on this question. The only thing I could think of is that maybe the "choking pollution" is so thick closer to the earth, that the sun seems to disappear before it passes the horizon...???

Anonymous said...

lol! Well, I don't have an answere to your question, but those are amazing pictures!