Sunday, February 05, 2012
Sunshine
1. One Step at a Time: Each Saturday we work a bit more on the nursery. While I was at Kaitlyn's shower on Saturday, Chuck created these for the wall above the crib. The artwork was taken from a children's book that we found in the basement, and Chuck had the mattes cut and then framed it all himself. The room is tarting together... this week the goal is to get the crib skirt made...
http://www.domesticadventure.com/2010/10/how-to-make-a-crib-skirt/
Easy. That's what I need!
2. ONE WEEK! I have gone an entire week without a nosebleed. THAT- considering my record of having at least four per day for about two months - is a miracle. Oh, how grateful I am.
3. No Control: I need sweets. I love them. Control is not something I have right now. I wonder, had I HAD control and been good and eaten veggies and nuts and stuff, if I'd be on the LOWER end of "average weight gain" for pregnancy than on the HIGHER end. Meh. Remember how I'm running a half marathon next January? Yeah . . . I'll have control AND work out . . . later. (Am I going to be shooting myself over this attitude in twelve weeks?????)
POINT IS THAT I FOUND THIS:
http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2010/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles.html
Yum.
4. Less: Less work. Less mileage on my car. Fewer fill-ups for Sophie (and fewer dollars coming out of my checking account!) Less stress.
In my case right now, LESS IS MORE. And I love it.
5. Job: Chuck's job is great. I am grateful for it. We got a fantastic bonus this week and it feels WONDERFUL to have a little nest egg waiting for us in case we need more than what we have already saved up for baby's medical expenses. :-)
And if we don't? We will finally get furniture for our TV room. When we have people over they may actually have somewhere to sit!
6. Taxes: Next year we can claim a kid. THAT will be - really great.
7. Pedi: Had a pedi and afternoon out with Hilly a couple weeks ago. I always tell Chuck that if we ever have an obnoxious amount of money someday, the first thing I will spend it on is spa treatments two to three times per week. Pedis, massages, manis . . . And I will have a personal trainer. And a nutritionist. And a cook. And probably someone to do our laundry.
Yep.
Posted by
Amy
at
10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the nursery!!!! And I totally used that tutorial to make my crib skirt this week, it rocks.
Post a Comment