In Eden, Utah
(Where we spent my dad's birthday/Father's Day weekend)
Awwww. Remember when I used to be a really great blogger? Apparently those days are gone.
Sigh.
And then on days like today I get inspired to write again. I just read a friend's blog and she reminded me how much I love blogging and sharing my life (or even just for personal documentation purposes) with whoever is out there reading it.
Lets talk about my life right now...
It is simple. And I LOVE- nay, I ADORE it.
I have a project in mind that is kind of huge and I am still toying with the idea of diving in or not. It has great potential, but it sure would take a lot of work. I am trying to decide if it is something I could totally commit to, or if it's something that I would lose interest in after about, ya know, five days.
I am basically just working one job right now- and it is glorious. (Remember how I am a crazy person and have THREE jobs?? Yeah- thanks to summer that has turned into ONE- and I am a happy girl.) I am remembering what is it like to that time to, oh, BREATHE, and I, for the first time in a year, have time to ponder, reflect, read, nap, sit in front of the TV if I so choose, clean, etc. etc. etc.
I spent the first two weeks of June in Florida. It was the best trip I'd had back there in a long time. I had plenty of work, stayed with this great lady, and had the best time ever with this girl. Why in the world we only took one picture (and with me, in this getup- may I add,) I will never know. We must have been too distracted navigating our way through Gainesville, stuffing our faces, house hunting, or having late nights at the La Quinta Inn laughing and reflecting on life. It was wonderful. And I have a strong testimony of girlfriend trips.
Side note: When this trip to Gainesville was planned the goal was to find Andrea and Devin a house. That was her purpose in being there. Our husbands weren't too sure that the goal would be accomplished what with the way we ladies get distracted and enjoy one another's company...
Chuck put it best: "The sum of the parts doesn't equal a whole."
Well we showed them. Andrea found a house the first day there. HA!
Moving on...
Did you know that I am a water park junkie? I'll admit that I had forgotten this myself, but a few weeks ago when Biff approached me with a day at this place:
I quite hesitantly went along and ended up LOVING it. Sure, it isn't a thrilling death defying water slide park or anything, but gosh it was fun.
Downside? I put on 70 SPF sunblock three times and still got burnt. Oh, the curse of fair, freckly skin!
So there's life. I love summer. My favorite holiday is tomorrow. Life is simple. We are happy. It is fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment