Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Down Time

One more day of work for me here at the magical world of Disney. For now anyway. I've been here for two weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Tonight the 20+ show ends, and sadly, the event I was booked for later this week got cancelled. I'd have just come home on my original flight but it was going to cost me $300 in addition to what I'd already spent. I'm a tight wad thank you very much, I'll just stay here for the extra six days.


Six days. With no work. I might go crazy.

Many of you think that life could be harder than being stuck in Orlando for six days with nothing to do. But you have to remember that I LIVED here for awhile so the novelty of theme parks has worn off. (Cue husband rolling his eyes now...) It's basically like being stuck at home with NOTHING to do for a week.

So what will I do?

Enjoy it while I can, I guess! Maybe I will READ, or write in my journal, and I'll probably even hop onto the Family Search website and play with genealogy for the first time in years.

And then I'll come back home and get back into the grind of paying off my car. SIX MONTHS. I can do it.

By the way, THANK YOU for all of the wonderful feedback, motivation, and support in regard to the PAYING OFF THE CARS obsession. It's rough turning over your ENTIRE paycheck to pay for something already in your possession. But I know it is totally worth it and many of you have told me how smart we are to be doing this NOW rather than later. I love hearing your success stories.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I hope that I get to blog about that success sometime next year. :) Like.... December? I have to start looking at that again.

Harper said...

If you get a chance, will you please ride the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster for me? Multiple times? Multiple consecutive times? They're my favorite rides in all of Disney World, and I miss them.

I hope you have a great time in Florida! In the next 6 days, maybe you can go to eharmony(dot)com and create fake profiles. There are some good times to be had!