Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sun-Shiney Day


1.Road to the Middle of Nowhere (But your NOWHERE is my HOME!) : PIONEER CROSSING opens TOMORROW!

2. Gracias, Southwest: Bought my plane ticket to Orlando for only $250. Can't wait for the end of October: Ohana, 20+, French bakery, The Bat Cave, humidity, brown
hair, Menchies
, and getting paid great money for doing what I love - can't get a whole lot better. And since I got such a cheap flight, I'll be able to use most of the money I make on ... paying off the cars. :-) I am awesome. We're on the home stretch with the truck!!! HALLELUJAH!

3. Bliss: Wedding #2 out of 3 for the summer happened this weekend. Congrats to my sweet step-sister Kaitlyn and her awesome new hubby. I love temple sealings. I get giddy- and Chuck tells me I always like him more after we attend a sealing. :-) I love weddings.


4. Time: Every so often I get contemplative and nostalgic and just plain grateful for the things I've been able to do with my little life. Today in Relief Society I had time to think about how quickly time passes. How in the WORLD did I get where I am now? It's still strange for me to think about all the goals I had at eighteen- and minus one thing on that list (being an EFY counselor)- I have accomplished it all. And, to give myself credit, I WAS hired as a counselor the summer of '03, but accepted another job before EFY offered. :-) It makes me happy. And makes me think that this coming year- the big 3-0 needs to bring a whole new list of goals.

I am so grateful for my growing up time at Ricks College, my social time at Weber State's Institute, my performing time at BYU majoring in MDT and being a part of the Young Ambassadors, moving to the other side of the world, and finally ending up in Florida where I met the cute boy I am married to now. (Which, I might add, several people vocally expressed that I would "never find anyone to marry out there!) Ha! I showed YOU! :-)

I just can't believe how quickly all that time passed by. It's eleven years after high school and sometimes I still feel like that giddy little girl waiting for life to begin. Now I'm here. In the middle of it all. Hmmm. How did that happen?

5. Schedule: Tomorrow begins the BACK TO SCHOOL/FALL schedule of life that will run for the next eight months. Phew. Here we go...

6. Kiddy Singing: This week I recorded some songs for the little preschool I work for. Hilarious. But fun.

7. Bachelor: Bachelor Pad - It's awful and Chuck and I are eating it up! Oh! And I am excited for this fall season of reality TV!!!

8. Sundee: Thank heaven for The Day of Rest. I used it fully today.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

What are you doing for the Back to School Fall thingy??? Are you teaching and I completely missed that?

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

You are definitely part of MY Sunday Sunshine. Remember how I was in Utah for like a minute and how I was so glad that I got to see you and how it made me very happy? I DO!!!