It's summertime. That's always sunshine in the little world that is mine...
HAPPIES of the Week-
1. Shabby Apple "Take Two": Got two dresses this week. Love 'em. The ones I posted on a previous blog unfortunately didn't work out so well, BUT I chose two others and I'm certainly happy with them.

For the record: This dress was STUNNING. I just needing something I could wear more frequently... it wasn't quite something I'd feel comfortable wearing at church. Let's just say it enhanced my backside quite well...
... Or I've just gained too many new curves...
2. $$: Has anyone noticed that I am able to get jobs pretty darn easily? For that I am grateful. In a time when finding a job is rough, I seem to be able to get plenty of them. Granted, I'm not doing what I am actually a PROFESSIONAL at, but ya know... it works. I am blessed and I am thankful for that.
3. "We Built This City...": Chuck and I have recently revisited our love of Settlers. Yep- the love is SO still there. Had a fantastically fun night with Yissa and Steve a few weekends ago and a likewise event last night with Biff. Will we ever tire of collecting wheat, ore, wood, sheep, and brick???
4. Hungry: I have a new friend. A skinny, and may I add, UGLY, pussy cat who seems to live in the unfinished house next door. I'll take anything at this point. The other day I fed the mongrel some leftover holiday hot dogs. I haven't seen her since. I hope I didn't kill her. But she was REALLY hungry!
5. 2003: Had a good visit with my dear Chelsea a few weeks ago. Hilly, Chelsea, and I spent the afternoon reminiscing and stuffing our faces. I love my friends.
6. "Who's the Black Lady?" (No, for family who knows Chuck's humor... I am NOT racist!) :
This is Audra McDonald. She is a legend in my world of musical theatre. I've loved her since the "Carousel" revival in 1994. Friday night I had the opportunity to see her live- in legs-length proximity from my little body. She. Is. Stunning. Thanks, Hale Center Theater-Orem for an incredible evening.
7. Crunch: I love Honey Bunches of Oats. I have eaten them in the last few days. They taste good.
8. Drama: Still loving the ridiculousness which is THE BACHELORETTE this season. Jenny Latimer and I had a fantastic blog up our sleeves for this season... and it got lost somewhere among the summer vacays. :-( Next season...
9. Birfday: Two weeks. Anyone want to give me the best present EVER and pay off one of our cars??!?!!??
10. Peeps: These two favs are coming to visit it just a few weeks. I can't wait. I miss them.
Oh, one small note: After two recent incidents of people I haven't seen in a few years NOT recognizing me because of "the blonde", I am wondering if it's time to take things down a bit and become "dirty" again... ya know- the way I was made??? Hmmmm... My husband has never known me this way...
Thoughts?
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Late Night Sunshine
Posted by
Amy
at
11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
1st: I like the blonde. I really do. It's very striking and it looks natural.
2nd: I'm obsessed with Settlers. We must play.
3rd: Why did we let our blog die? We are dumb.
I have BOTH of those Shabby Apple dresses. Quite hilarious that you chose the same ones.
I like your hair both ways. It's definitely cheaper though to go naturale...
#4 made me laugh so hard! :)
I like your hair both ways. Honestly, I didn't even know it was naturally darker. You pull off the blonde blonde very well! :)
blonde, blonde!!
I don't think I get the blonde comment... I must be missing something. Also, How did you get lucky enough to be right next to Audra McDonald?? How do you know her that well?!??! I am so jealous!
The dresses are awesome! Shabby Apple? Do I need to get on their webiste??! They are HOT!
shoot if I had a body like yours I would style those cute dresses from shabby apple too. They just aren't made for us voluptuous types like me.
Be a dirty girl Amy. Oh, and when do you want to go out for your birthday?
Oh yeah, and next time you see a deal on Shabby Apple dresses you have to let me know ASAP. I can wear dresses again in three months. I hope I can wean that non-bottle-loving baby by then.
Post a Comment