Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Sunshine - In a Literal Sort ot Way

THANK HEAVEN FOR SPRING.

That is all I have to say.

Sure, there will be a few more snowstorms, but I am NOT letting that get me down! I'm not letting the scratchy and sore throat and stuffy allergy nose get me down either. Spring has sprung. And I LOVE it.

1. Milestone:


Home sweet home became such one year ago TODAY. Do you realize that anything from here on out marks the longest I have lived ANYWHERE for the last eleven years? Preeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttty cool. We love our happy little home in our happy little neighborhood in our happy little ward in what some call "the middle of nowhere." It's not nowhere to us.

2. Secret: I know a secret. A big one. But I promised I wouldn't tell. But at lease I can say that I know something...

3. Helpful: Now that I am working like a crazy woman Chuckie the Hubby has been wonderful to help out around the house. He does laundry (his... he doesn't dare touch mine- ha ha- he cleans up the kitchen and TV room... etc etc etc.) Nice boy.

4. Moving: Sister is moving this week. It's a desperately needed move that will be AWESOME for her and Kensie. Can't wait for things to start anew.

5. First: First extra pricipal payment on the truck will be made this week. Let the countdown to the end of the year begin. Oh wait, I began that on January 19. Whatever. Who's counting? :-)

6. Happy: Had a fun night on Friday at a wedding and at Heather's house. It's not often, anymore, that I get time to hang out with my bestest friend from the Layton years. Feels like going home. Yep. Happy.

7. BBQ: Hubby is giddy like a school boy to start using the grill. Today is the kickoff. Yum.

8. BBC: Found this jem http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/annefrank/watch/video.html?ep=1&chap=0 that aired on PBS last Sunday. Can't wait to sit down and watch it tonight. I love history.

9. Mocking: A few weeks ago CBK and I rumaged through our basement and cleaned it all up. He had no problem mocking my collection of teenage literature that could be categorized in the genre of "Dramatic young deaths caused by dramatical health problems. " I was OBSESSED with this writer named Lurlene McDaniel who wrote all about young girls who died from cystic fibrosis, heart failure, cancer, etc etc etc. Let me sample you some of the titles: Letting Go of Lisa, The End of Forever, To Live Again...

I was pretty much awesome.

This is coming from a girl who went through a phase of playing JFK assassination with her Barbies. (Yes, I KNOW that you are now THOROUGHLY disturbed- but heck it was the 1993 30th anniversary of the assassination- documentaries were EVERYWHERE!!!)

Know what I think? I think I will just stop there... I'm embarrassing myself.

10. Survivor: Loving it this season. Lots.

11. Treats: Gah- Chuck made the best butterscotch/peanut butter Rice Krispie treats this week for Office Night. Kinnnnnnnnnnnnda addicting. Divinity.

12. HK: Tavnir is in Hong Kong for a few days this week. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and sentimental. I can't WAIT to hear what he thinks.

The End.

Be good. And happy.

5 comments:

Pam said...

I love reading your Sunday Sunshine posts. I can hear you talking. Fun!

Hannah said...

um...... I really need the recipe for those rice krispy treats! The end!

Liz said...

Girl! Those Lurlene McDaniel books! I read those for like a year! I always bring them up and make fun of them when reminiscing with friends about books of our youths and childhoods. Seriously, all of them were about a teenager who falls in love and then gets a terminal illness. Only the names changed. I love it.

Kristy said...

I'm glad you got the bbq all cleaned up and ready to go and YES I want to come over for some delicious food.

PS: I have I Want to Live if you don't have that book too. Love it. hahaha I remember reading all those books and my mom catching me crying and blaming it on a headache.

Kallie Olson said...

Soooooo I've decided we need to play lot's this summer.. I get done with classes in 2 weeks. Woo.