Sunday, December 06, 2009

Time for Sunday Sunshine...


It's Sunday again. And I am BEYOND happy about that.

The past two weeks have been, plainly said, TOO BUSY. Not fun. Crowded. Exhausting. Overbooked.

You get the idea.

I know to the majority of you, the fact that I had to work full time this week means nothing. (In fact you're all most likely rolling your eyes thinking "OH, POOR AMY.") Y'all do it ALL the time, so who am I to complain? But geez- I DO NOT understand how anyone- wives and mothers especially- can keep up on the everyday things when they are working full time. I only have a husband and got WAY behind on everything these past two weeks. Laundry was piled all over the house, dishes hadn't been done, oatmeal pots (I didn't even have time to put the oatmeal in a bowl- I'm a heathen) sat in the passenger seat of my car after the morning dash EVERY morning this week.... WHEN WILL IT STOP?

Not till December 20. Soon. But it seems NOT SOON ENOUGH.

Not only does the craziness make me tired, but it also makes me fat. A week on a cruise, a week of dinner parties and eating out and blah blah blah- those abs I was beginning to see are now, once again, hidden under an awesome layer of fat. Boo. Chuck kept saying, "Tomorrow we'll start eating healthy again." Today it changed to simple, "In January we'll start eating healthy again." Boo again. And where is my time to work out with Bob Harper? It doesn't exist.

However, I do thank COSTCO for The Biggest Loser Workouts (3 DVDs!) that I purchased for $7.99 each. Someday I'll have time for them again.

The rant and rave is over.

Onto the things that make me happy right now...

1. Caring and AWESOME friends. So many people continue to check up and me and express their love and concern for my Biff. Thanks. It means the world to me.

2. In less than two weeks now I will have time to breathe again.

3. A clean house. Chuck and I finally had time to clean up our house today after church. It looks pretty. And I love it.

4. Tonight, while listening to Christmas music, Chuck and I were able to put up our "little tree." The thought is that at sometime in the next few weeks we'll get a big tree up in our front window, but for now, we're enjoying this tree in our family room. We had a great time opening up the ornaments that Chuck's aunt Jill got us for our wedding- it was lots of fun! Now we have SOMETHING festive up in our house! (Now I just have to get the hay and pumpkins off our doorstep...)







5. Last week I forgot to mention something I enjoyed most that week: I was able to go to the temple with my dear friend Heather as she attended for the first time. What a fantastic opportunity that was. I love her. And I am so happy that I was able to be there during that special event. Memories of the hours we spent parked in front of the Bountiful Temple on Sunday nights as teenagers flooded through my mind as we were finally able to be INSIDE together. Happiness.

6. My husband is funny. I am so glad for that. He makes me laugh and we have fun.

7. Sleep. I live for my sleep right now.

That's all. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Gaining weight because of the cruise was worth it though, right? I keep telling myself that I am going to start my Biggest Loser DVD AFTER the holidays! Oh, and being busy...I hear ya. I work full time, have 4 month old twins...and trying to keep up with the house work, UGH! I think one of these days I might explode.

Amy said...

I have NO idea how you do it, Jamie. My hat is off to you. ;-)

Spencer and Audrey said...

Don't feel bad about not keeping-up... I am a full-time stay-at-home mom and still feel lucky to get the necessary laundry done each week, let alone put away! Let's just face it... life is just going to get more crazy/busy. Love Ya!

Trever and Heather said...

Thanks for being there!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

I love you. You are just terrific and your Sunday Sunshine adds sunshine to my life!