I feel like one of those girls that Miss Seriously So Blessed mocks with my weekly SUNSHINE post. But oh well...
HAPPIES of my week...
1. The house is clean. Chuck and I spent this Sabbath afternoon doing it, but I am thankful that we finally had a bit of time. Yes, we CLEANED on Sunday. And we're happier/more spiritual people because of it. I feel at peace tonight and it's WONDERFUL.
2. I made money this week. I want to shoot myself after a week of driving to Bountiful every day, but it is nice to know that I am contributing monetarily to our little family. I'm thankful to be replenishing an empty savings account.
3. THE SNOW: I LOVE it. It's cold and miserable, and I LOVE it.
4.
This boy makes me smile. I love him. Lots. He makes me laugh and he makes me happy. It's great. Today, after he shoveled snow, he told me about someone who was asking for me at the front door...
He also does a mean pigeon impression.
I'm so happy that he makes me laugh. What fun we have.
5. I still ponder the event of three weeks ago a lot. I think about Emily all the time. I pray for Elizabeth and Brett. I get a bit emotional when I see new babies. It's rough. BUT I am learning. I'm learning lots of things that I am grateful for. It still just stinks. Plain and simple.
6. Lotion is a good thing. It feels nice on my skin.
7. THE LAUNDRY IS DONE!!!!
8. I've eaten more peppermint ice cream with hot fudge than I'd like to admit so far this season. And we still have two containers in the freezer that are beckoning me constantly...
9. This week was the Scera Youth Theatre's Christmas concert. I have really enjoyed working with my class. It's been a fun learning experience and I am excited for this next semester when I get to make my directorial debut. I have no idea what I am getting myself into here. Hmmmm.
10. I love to people watch. And ya know, right now I have lots of time to do that as I stand in my however-many-square-feet-piece-of-floor-in-Costco. There are men who are in there every day during their lunch break. Random.
11. I am excited to have something to look forward to this week. SATURDAY NIGHT. At that point I'll be done working, I'll be able to prepare for Christmas, and I won't be commuting over two hours every day.
Please let this week go by fast.
Please let this week go by fast.
Please let this week go by fast.
Please let this week go by fast.
Please let this week go by fast.
Please let this week go by fast.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
It's Snowing Sunshine!
Posted by
Amy
at
8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i know what you mean about people watching... on my days off when i was down at Disney i would often go into the parks by myself, get a treat, find a place to set myself and just watch.
i hope your week goes by fast for you!!
Good luck!
I had peppermint icecream with hot fudge at our ward Christmas party. Delightful. Here, try this recipe, it probably tasted somewhat similar. I'm going to make it soon. http://savvygirlcompany.blogspot.com/2009/12/peppermint-fudge.html
I second your pleas for a fast week! Tell Biff I love her and I'm praying for her family.
I do the same thing every Sunday & hoping for a furlough. No work.
Post a Comment