I totally stole this off my old roommate's blog. :-) Thanks, JoMama!! ;-)
Welcome to the 2008 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know your Friends!
You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge!!! But only if you have time.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Cho. As Stacker got me calling it years ago.... :-)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree?
Both. Usually he leaves out one or two presents to satisfy before the big present opening fiasco begins!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
COLORED!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No- but I should. This year I could look at it and it wouldn't depress me! HA!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving I break out the decorations and the Christmas music and go nuts. I'm a little behind this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)
STUFFING!!!!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
My sister and I would always try to be the first one down in the morning to see the tree. I won. Every year.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember when I officially "found out." But I have a great story about me in the sixth grade:
The Concerned Mother: "Amy, I need to talk to you about something."
Amy the Pre-Teen: Oh no... not THIS talk. I don't want to talk about THAT stuff with my mother!
I know my body is changing, Mommy- but do we HAVE to talk about it?!?!?!
"OK."
The Concerned Mother: "Sit here by me."
Amy the Pre-Teen: OH NO. NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO.
The Concerned Mother: "Amy, do you still believe in Santa?"
Amy the Pre-Teen: "... No Mother." ... .... .... Thank you.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I always wanted to but was rarely allowed. So now, in my world, YES.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Mmmmmm. Depends on the year. This year so far the tree has lights. That's it. Awesome.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
LOVE it for the holidays. The week of Christmas and until New Years it's COMPLETELY welcome (and missed when I'm in Florida...). After that, GO AWAY.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes! I am a regular Kristi Yamaguchi! (Or so I would like to think... I always wanted to wear the cute leotard so when I skated backwards my skirt would fly and my cute leotarded behind would show. Hmmmm.)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My American Girl "Samantha" doll. I was nine. HEAVEN.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Bring close to family- which I haven't done in three years. Sigh.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Here we go. Duh. Peppermint Ice Cream and hot fudge. And add some whipped cream.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to Grammy's house on Christmas day and playing games. It's the ONE time every year we get together. (OK- so we do pretty well on the 4th of July too...)
17. What tops your tree?
A sparkly star!
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving. Definitely. But I won't lie and tell you that I DO love receiving too. (This year- no presents necessary my friends. Cash- cold hard cash. I have a wedding to pay for.) HA. And SIGH.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Judy Garland- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I want her dress.
20. Candy Canes?
They have to be peppermint. I hate these new fangled random fruity flavors. Yuck. Peppermint. Red and white striped- the way they're SUPPOSED to be! :-)
3 comments:
Amer, you're welcome! It's always fun to read about other's fun traditions! Merry Christmas!
Your believing Santa story had me laughing so hard I was in tears. Too funny, I remember that age and worried that everytime my parents had something to say to me I was going to be embarrassed!
-Ok-Now I am really embarassed!!
-LOL-I should have known what you were thinking! It is funny to read about it now. I guess I was remebering my childhood and knowing the truth about Santa, but was afraid to tell my Mother because I thought she would be totally devistated LOL!!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment