Yippee! I'm here, I'm here! Well, after a very traumatic Tuesday evening and a fun day with my favorite little baby, I have time to explain a bit of what's been going on since I arrived.
Late on Tuesday afternoon I hopped on an American Airlines plane and headed for home. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! The flight was great... it's so much better traveling with another person! Yay!
And then came to trauma...
I had warned Chuck time and time again about my mom's crazy dog, Jasmine. Many of you know Jasmine that she thinks everyone loves her and that everyone is her best friend. She jumps and wags her tail and is giddy whenever she meets a new friend. So he was prepared. When we got to my mom's house we found my mom holding a limp, but aware, little poodle, who was obviously very, very ill.
We rushed to the Doggy ER and quickly found out that Jasmine had an enlarged heart (practically filling her entire chest cavity), and that she had an auto immune disorder that left her with only 11% of her red blood cells. Basically, her body was attacking itself. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my mom and I spent the next five hours discussing our options: Overnight hospitalization with a blood transfusion ($3000), overnight hospitalization with no treatment, take her home with us, or, end her little life then and there. The vet explained that even with expensive treatments and everything, he'd never seen a dog in her condition leave the hospital. So basically the prognosis was grim at best.
After many tears (of us and of the tech assisting us...) my mom decided to bring Jasmine home with us. With only a 5% chance of survival, we knew that it would be better for her to pass away at home with her family. She slept through what was left of the night, and spent the morning in her bed just observing the goings on of the day. She was responsive and trying to get out of the bed during the morning hours, but after a seizure later in the day she peacefully faded away. Sniffle. Jasmine was my mom's "little shadow" and best friend- things will be really hard without her.

Like any other pet of the Shreeves', Jasmine will be buried in the cemetery at Heather Drive.
The airplane ride was fun...

















9 comments:
Amy!!! You're back! I want to see you while you are here. And I especially want to meet your special friend. :) I know that you probably have a ton of people to see so just let me know if anything will work out. I live in Salt Lake so I don't know if that makes things harder. We would love ot have you guys over for dinner or something. I love you and have missed you so much! Call me or something. Love you.
Poor little Jasmine. You guys really go back to your old "property" to bury the animals? They let you? Cool. Aren't you afraid they'l slide off the hill?
Hopefully we get to see you while you're here. You need to make you vacations a month long just to see everyone and meet your 'must do' agendas.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's dog. That is so sad. I hope that she is handling it ok. And I hope that you enjoy the REST of your time while you are in Utah. Your niece is a doll!
1. So sorry about Jasmine. Cute little sad puppy. I hope your mom is okay.
2. I have seen that Proactiv vending machine before and it is totally weird.
3. You are here! Call me if you have time to do lunch or something.
I am so sorry for your mom and you guys with the dog:( At least you had little Kensie to brighten your day, right!? Have fun in the nice beautiful weather there, we are still in the 100's...:(
I feel so bad for your mom. What a rough night. Atleast you have been here to help her cope.
On a happier note. I laughed and laughed at the toys that only Chuck would bring along, ok, and my son. I wish we lived closer to you guys. HINT HINT so Myles could play with Chucks super cool toys. Poor Myles has lame parents.
I am so sorry to hear about Jasmine! I am so glad you were home to help, though.
Have so much fun with that beautiful girl!!!! She is so gorgeous!
This week has been insane for everyone it seems! Glad you are having fun!
Oh Amy...I'm so sorry about the dog. I know that she is off bounding around with all the other pets you've adored throughout the years. That is tough! I hope that your trip to UTah with conference and a friend is worth it. Take care! happy you're so happy!
April
Post a Comment