It's been a few weeks since I've done a little "Sunday Sunshine" post. So here are some random sunshiny things from my week:
* MY SHABBY APPLE DRESS CAME!!! Yippee! I love it. Though I'm not gonna lie... ladies, if any of you purchase that same dress, save your $18 and make the red sash YOURSELF. I could have made that thing... and I haven't sewn anything but a pair of Tweety Bird boxers in the seventh grade.
* I LOVE THE RAIN
# 1: I LOVE rain shows at my stage. It cools off, and we do the show in about HALF the amount of space we normally use. This means a LOT less sweating, and a I have a LOT less running around to do. I love blessed rain shows.
#2: I LOVE sitting out on the porch of my stage while it rains. Something about the sound of a huge rain storm is so calming.
#3: I love puddles. I've expressed my love for them before.
#2: I LOVE sitting out on the porch of my stage while it rains. Something about the sound of a huge rain storm is so calming.
#3: I love puddles. I've expressed my love for them before.
* I keep watching the video of the Beast's pants falling down... and I am still giggling every time. I LOVE IT.
* My birthday is in less than two weeks. And I'm taking the day off. YAY! I think I choose CHEESECAKE FACTORY as my place to dine. Yep.
* It's going to cool down a bit this week- only a SLIGHT cool down, but I tell ya ANYTHING is better than what we've been dealing with the last few weeks. The AC at our stage broke the other day. I only did TWO SHOWS and my body was freaking out- I've never sweat so much in my life.
* McKensie hasn't had a seizure in more than a week. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND FASTING! She saw the neurologist a week ago and they did an EEG and some blood tests. Elizabeth is still waiting on the results, but for right now we're thinking "no news is good news." Apparently Kensie is at the age when seizure disorders appear, but according to the doctor, her symptoms aren't those of any of the disorders. I'm really hoping it's just some weird, quirky thing she's going to grow out of. I'll keep you posted.
* I love the game Five Crowns. It's kind of like Phase Ten, but better and you have to think more.
* Ice cream makes me happy. I had a ton of it last night with all the necessary syrupy toppings! THANK HEAVEN FOR BUTTERSCOTCH! (Which reminds me: DAIRY QUEENS IN FLORIDA ARE STUPID. I got a dipped cone a few weeks ago, and the only option available was CHOCOLATE. WHHHHHHHHHAT? No cherry OR butterscotch. What is the world coming to?)
* I ordered the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." I remember my grandma Colleen LOVED this book and gave me a copy years ago... but who knows where it ended up. Anyway, I'm trying to read more lately, so I though that'd be a good, motivating book.
OK- now for the real stuff:
Truth is, I've been busy. And worn out. My wonderful friend and former roommate Alicia came into Orlando this week. It was the first time in a year and a half that I'd seen her, and I even got to meet her little three-month-old baby girl, Mekynzie! We spent Wednesday morning in Hollywood Studios, and that night we ate at one of my favorite restaurants on property, Ohana. I LOVE FOOD. Have I ever mentioned that? Hee. They spent the next two days hopping from park to park, and last night, before they left, Chuck and I got to spend some time just hanging in their hotel. I love my friends. Honestly, there's no greater feeling than being with someone who has known you for years and years and who you can sit down and laugh with about all the stupid things you once did together.
The funniest memory that came up as we reminisced:
* During our final seminary testimony meeting of senior year, Alicia bore her testimony and expressed how excited she was to "start her new life with Amy." I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that... good stuff.

I'm feeling in a rut. With my job, with my life... I need a vacation. And THAT'S why I have decided to join my roommates on a 4 day Disney Cruise at the end of August. Y'all have to understand that this is NOT like me. I am uber practical and I AM A TIGHT WAD. I don't spend money on unnecessary things. But heck- I haven't spent any of my Hong Kong money on traveling- well, except for coming to audition here, so dang it- I'm gonna go do something crazy and fun and make some really good memories for a few days!!! Yippee!
Here's some insight into the nerdiness of me and Chuck:
He's working on a portfolio to send to an unnamed mouse park in a certain unnamed Chinese city. So here we sit, on a Sunday night, together, on our computers. Don't worry, we were IMing on gmail as we did this. NERDS.


8 comments:
I feel like Bambi, but what's all that green stuff? Nerd? Whatever, you don't know nerd. Believe me.
probably couldn't stop laughing about your friend sharing that she was excited to start her new life with you... pretty funny. Anyway, have fun on your Disney cruise!!! I hear it is tons of fun. (Bonus-you don't have to pay for airfare like the rest of us would!!!)
OH yes.... I got my new shabby apple dress as well!!!! I just bought ribbon to tie around the waist... and now I need some fantastic shoes to go with it. (I got the white Daisy one) Take a picture so I can see which one you got and how it looks!
OH yes.... I got my new shabby apple dress as well!!!! I just bought ribbon to tie around the waist... and now I need some fantastic shoes to go with it. (I got the white Daisy one) Take a picture so I can see which one you got and how it looks!
We're all jealous about the Disney Cruise, but hope you have FUN! You deserve it!
okay, you need to put a disclaimer on ther that the reason I look like crap is because we jsut ran through the sahara a mile to make it to your show, that is why I look like a sweaty pig. aguh!
Why is it that everyone gets to go to Florida except for me? I tell you it just isn't fair....
Holding hands and only typing with one hand would be much nerdier! I love it though! You are too cute! I miss you.
Post a Comment