Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where I Was...

I stole this off Laurel's Blog. I never do these things, but it's nice to have something to do as I sort of watch the Oscars. I tag Heather, Brooke, Aubrey, and Melissa (Gloria).

20 Years Ago:

1988- I was 6. Sooooooo I was living in my Heather Drive house, in the first grade with my favorite teacher ever, Susan Firmage, and I spent my time playing My Little Ponies and house with my sister. I also got in trouble at school for talking too much all the time. Once (or probably several times...) Mrs.Firmage made me stay in from recess with my head on the desk because I was talking too much during class. I was crushed that I had let my teacher down.

10 Years Ago:

February 1998- I was a junior at Layton High School. I was working on the school musical, "The Pirated Penzance," playing a vocalist and still feeling jealous that my friends Alicia, Jenny, and April were all in Productions and I wasn't. I was getting ready for Junior Prom with Rich Schill, and I was still getting over the shock of the death of Jon Jensen.

5 Years Ago:

February 2003- I was at BYU-Idaho (even though I'd graduated two years earlier) waiting to hear if I'd be accepted into MDT at BYU, had just broken up with Brant, and was getting opening "Guys and Dolls" at the school. I was rooming at Brookside with my cousin Melissa, having Barry Manilow nights and running around like a fat, twelve-year-old elf. I love you, Yiss!

3 Years Ago:

2005- I was in my 4th semester at BYU- taking Music Theory and Modern Marathon. I was skipping classes as much as possible with Andrea Finch and performing with Young Ambassdors and lets see... who was I crushing on- Ah- I was getting over Chad Gallacher . Sigh. Ha. That semester was the semester of "Throw all of Amy's weaknesses and insecurities in front of people and make her cry." I've NEVER been such a basketcase as I was that semester. I couldn't play the piano, I couldn't dance modernly, and I couldn't even sing "If I Were a Bell" in my musical scene studies class. I broke down in Randy Boothe's office as I tried to sing it... good stuff. I also cried in front of my modern teacher Raymond, and Ron Simpson. I NEVER cry and get emotional like that- it was WEIRD!

1 Year Ago:

February 2007- I was in Hong Kong enjoying a round of visitors. My mom, grandma, and Dave Burton had all just come to see me, so I was on a high and ready to take on the last two months of my contract. I was craving Taco Bell, teaching the 4 and 5 year olds in the Hong Kong Victoria 1 Branch (Oh how I miss that branch...), and I was performing in The Golden Mickeys at Hong Kong Disneyland 5 days a week! I had also just been cast as Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie at Hale and was REALLY anxious to get my script!

So Far This Year:

I have been working in Beauty and the Beast, I've done three special events, and I have had lots of visitors- Justin, mom, grandma, Lindsey, Nikki, and Becca. And I am still dating the boy. Don't look so surprised, you.Hee.

Yesterday:

I did five shows at Beauty and the Beast and then came home, showered, and took a boat ride around parts of Disneyworld with the BOOOOOY.
Today:

I woke up at 7:30, tweaked my Relief Society lesson, went to church at 10, taught my lesson on Elder Oaks' "Good, Better, Best," and have had a LOVELY relaxing evening taking a nap, watching Dumbo, and watching the Oscars.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I thought about doing this sort of post on my blog once...but my life is soooo not this exciting!

Aubrey said...

Ugh, thanks a lot! I better do it today, while I'm thinking of cool things I did yesterday--change diapers--and today--change diapers-- and a year ago--change diapers--five years ago--begin my career of...changing diapers. Oh yeah--twenty years ago--helping my mom...change diapers. Ten years ago, I was not changing diapers--but only barely.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Amy, I love your blogs entries. They are always so fun. It is so great to know a bit more about you!

Tiff said...

The fact that you ARE still dating "the boy" and I never hear a thing about it from you OR the boy... well, it chaps my hide!!!!

Translation? You guys are LAME!


:)

Amber said...

These are fun- especially from people I know. :) Love your vagueness about the Boy. Ha ha ha!

Melissa Garn said...

Amy you kill me. I love you memory of feeling so sad that you had disappointed your teacher. It makes me remember how impressionable kids really are. I am glad to know that I go back as far as all those memories except the seven year old one. Miss you!

Courtnie said...

Amy, I want more details about this boy. I need to be caught up in your world. Let me know! I'm dying!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me a part of this. I feel so honored that I think I'm going to break out into a song...a book report on Peter Rabbit...Love your favorite Barry Manilow-peace flag lovin'-cousin