Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

HALLOWEEN: HK Disneyland Style
(This is my stylin' , after show, "I shouldn't be in the park with my fake eyelashes and stage makeup on" look. I'm a nerd.)

The boss and his wife





This is my FAVORITE Hong Kong Disneyland "treat"- Carmeled Popcorn. Happy Amy.


OK- continuing with the Halloween in Hong Kong theme: Tonight as I was sitting in my apartment doing bills online or whatever, I heard the sounds of hundreds and hundreds of little kids jabbering and screaming with excitement. (Remember I am on the 11th floor of my building... these kids were LOUD!) I went and looked out my bedroom window and all these costumed kids came running out of the clubhouse and onto the streets of "Hong Kong Gold Coast Phase II" (where I live), for Trick-or-Treating. It honestly was one of the best things I have seen here in Hong Kong so far. There were plenty of Disney princesses (HA! Little girls dress up as ME for Halloween!), and even some of the adults were dressed up. My favorite, though, was an older man walking around the complex with a child by his side and a lighted pumpkin in the stroller he was pushing. AH! HONG KONG IS GREAT!
Watching all the bustle and enthusiasm just made me remember all the happy Halloweens I had as a kid. Halloween was my favorite holiday next to Christmas. I would watch the weather every day for more than a week in advance to make sure the weather would behave itself for my candy gathering endeavors... and the years it didn't- when it snowed or something-those were the years my costume plans were foiled because my mom would make me wear a coat over my leotard or something. Ha ha. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

What was I for Halloween, you ask? I was Belle, from Beauty and the Beast... remember that Disney cartoon? Yeah-I was her. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN!!! lol I'll send you the pics of our Halloween probably sometime tomorrow, my mom took my camera around at Melissa's work, so theres a few of her, and Grandma is over here today :) yup, today is moms day to babysit Nathan, so hehe great grandma is holding him on the yellow couch, it's cute! hehe

Jason Graham said...

Happy Harroreen!

Anonymous said...

Love the t-shirt! ;)